• Works over a broad network of internal departments and customer’s organizations to ensure billing, statements, disputes and returns are completed to the customer’s expectation.
• Performs in-depth customer payment analysis to properly record actions required to resolve disputed items; responsible for the activities involving tracing sources of error, correcting billing documentation, and processing final billing.
• Assists in training and mentoring new personnel and follow up to ensure new hires are successful.
• Reviews large and high-profile accounts.
• Overall team-player who will be looked upon as the “go-to” system resource
• Identifies payment discrepancies and initiates dispute resolution process; performs follow up procedures as needed.
• Maintains frequent contact with internal and external customers in order to address all payments, disputes and return issues are resolved.
• Works closely with the Collector and Customer Service to ensure proper and timely application of customer credits.
• Ensures appropriate and timely processing of requests for the return of customer credit balances.
• Generates reporting to internal and external parties so work can be done.
SKILL / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to resolve issues quickly, problem solve and escalate appropriately.
• Knowledge of general accounting principles
• Familiarity with credit and collection operations procedures, including reconciliation of A/R activity
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong reconciliation skills
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
• Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
• Knowledge of Microsoft programs; extensive knowledge of Excel.