- Title: CAD Designer (Electrical)
- Code: RCI-ABV-05281
- Location: Abbott Park Illinois (IL) 60064
- Posted Date: 05/16/2019
- Duration: 6 Months
- Status: Open
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 232
Description: Electrical / Facility Controls Designer
M-F, 8 hours a day anytime between 7:00am – 5:00pm, occasional OT to meet project schedules
8 years + experience, Associates in CAD Design or BS in Mechanical engineering, Electrical / Controls design
High possibility of an extension, based on performance.
- Support Engineering Project Teams, in preparing CAD drawing and administering the CAD portion of projects per the Drawing Management Procedures & Standards
- This will involve Facility, Utility, & Process related projects.
- Works in an independent manner under the guidance of a supervisor or technical lead.
- Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables
- Examples of supporting assignments include: Facility, equipment or process design and development, preparation of specifications.
- Complies with applicable policies and procedures, regulatory and safety requirements.
- Exchanges information with project team members, designers, management, and other engineering or production personnel
- Delivers recommendations and suggestions to project team members and management within the department.
- Participates and/or assists engineers in the design of facilities for optimal performance.
- Support Project Engineering to execute the electrical / facility controls disciplines on small to medium sized office & laboratory facility projects
- Creation of construction drawings to be included in bid packages / RFP’s to contractors
- Associates in CAD Design or BS in Mechanical engineering, Electrical / Controls
- At least 8 years prior technical experience using AutoCAD in facility Electrical / Controls design
- Experience with AutoCAD 2016 & Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of basic regulatory requirements.
- Facility electrical discipline experience in the following areas:
- Ability to Create, revise, and complete the as-built process for electrical /facility controls drawings for facilities including: facility HVAC system controls and Building Management System controls substations, lighting, power, fire alarm, and monitoring alarm systems for animal care facilities, laboratories, clean rooms, warehouses, and office buildings.
- Ability to develop the electrical / facility controls scope of work on projects
- Ability to perform preliminary estimates on projects when directed by Project Engineer
- Ability to design medium voltage power distribution for office & laboratory facilities
- Circuit, conductor & conduit sizing
- Schedules for power distribution panels
- Design and specification of transformers and power/lighting/receptacle panels
- Ability to design and specify lighting for Office & laboratory facilities
- Project Manager / Engineer, Discipline Engineers, & Internal Client Team members
Notes from the intake call:
1) What hours and days will this person be working? M-F, 8 hours a day anytime between 7:00am – 5:00pm, occasional OT to meet project schedules
2) What are the top 5 skills/requirements this person is required have?
- Required Skill 1: AutoCAD 2D design software
- Required Skill 2: AutoCAD in facility Electrical / Controls design
- Required Skill 3: Team Player
- Required Skill 4: Good communicator
- Required Skill 5: Microsoft Office
3) What years of experience, education, and/or certification is required? 8 years + experience, Associates in CAD Design or BS in Mechanical engineering, Electrical / Controls design
4) What is a nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification? See above.
5) What is the environment that this person will be working in (i.e. group setting vs individual role)? Part of a 10+ person CAD Design team, working individually on projects in their discipline
6) Is any testing required for this role? Yes, we will send you a handful of phone screen questions, and a Cad competency test to be administered at a Face to Face interview
7) Does this position offer the ability to work remotely on a regular basis or is it an on-site role? If remote opportunity exists, what are the options (i.e. 1 day remote, 4 days on-site)? On site only
8) Other notable details from the hiring manager about this role. None at this time.