- Title: OSP Inspector
- Code: RCI-VTL-20926
- Location: Richardson Texas (TX) 75081
- Posted Date: 06/12/2019
- Duration: 12 Months
- Status: Open/Slot Over
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Vishal Trivedi
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 435
- OSP Inspector services that include live auditing of all Outside Plant (OSP) facilities in an OSP construction environment.
- Must be knowledgeable in outside plant construction, line, splicing and substructure.
- Inspector will provide all labor, tools, vehicles, and safety equipment necessary for performing the Services.
- Oversees, inspects, and monitors contractual field work, which includes excavations, boring, placement of hand-holes, aerial strand and fiber cable installation, grounding, and monitoring restoration (sod, etc.) of work areas per provided standard.
- Advises contractors of violations and recommends adjustments to work operations.
- Applies vast knowledge of OSP construction methods, practices, and safety guidelines.
- Maintains project notes, which include daily diaries, etc.
Must Have Skills:
- A minimum of 7-10 years of telecommunications industry construction field experience with specific focus on fiber optic network deployment (i.e. fiber technician, inspector).
- Knowledgeable in outside plant construction, line, splicing and substructure.
- Capable of communicating and working with General Contractors (GC) (i.e. communicating with GC where they are at in the project, timeline, etc.).
- Expert in established safety practices and guidelines.
- Ability to plan inspection in coordination with contractor’s superintendent and agency personnel schedules
- Able to adhere to strict company regulations and procedures for the security of company property.
- Demonstrated ability to validate as-built, project closeout documentation to confirm any red-line changes have been incorporated into the final design and that all project completion requirements are met.
- Experience In validation that invoiced unit quantities align with construction activities in the field.
- Able to processes written reports, QA audits, and other administrative duties.
- Detailed knowledge of construction work print interpretation and municipal permit application review required.
- Able to receive general instruction, otherwise performs independently with minimal supervision, exercising latitude to achieve daily objectives and approaches to critical/complex assignments.
- Must have access to late model vehicle in good condition and outfitted with hand tools and safety equipment to perform specific tasks.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver's license with a satisfactory driving record.
- Contractor to provide all, tools, vehicles, and safety equipment necessary for performing the Services.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Experience performing inspection services for a major telecommunications provider
- Knowledge of outside plant engineering in a telecommunications provider environment and fiber optic network construction experience.
- Working knowledge of 3GIS, Google Earth or other industry standard geospatial applications.
- General computer application skills required (MSOffice applications, Adobe, GSuite, etc.).
- Ability to perform “locate services” utilizing provided company equipment.
- Minimum High School Diploma Preferred
- 7 AM to 4 PM Monday through Friday (one unpaid hour for lunch).
- OT available with supervisor’s approval.
- Mileage reimbursement
- Work Environment: 95 % in the field.
- Laptop provided