- Title: Test Manager
- Code: RCI-RID-05023/05060
- Location: Waltham Massachusetts (MA) 02451
- Posted Date: 07/10/2019
- Duration: 6 Months
- Status: Open
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Nirav Soni
- Email: Nirav.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 239
- Full responsibility for the planning, management and co-ordination of all testing activities within complex IT projects and evaluating risk potential during all stages of development.
- Working closely with the Business and Technical design leads to establish appropriate test scenarios to achieve the Design target quality objectives.
- Take a leading role in the definition of strategies to ensure the most effective and efficient testing is carried out, including the use of specialized testing tools and techniques.
- Collaborate with end users and project teams, including suppliers to define the strategy. Help to set priorities that balance ‘desirable’ against ‘practical’ testing strategies.
- Ensure use of appropriate tooling for documentation of: test planning; defect capture, management and metrics. Company project is currently using JIRA.
- Define and document testing scope (functional and non-functional)
- Manage and plan individual test phases and produce or assure phase test plans and exit reports depending on where the responsibility for the test phase lies (company/ Supplier).
- Review and assure output from suppliers. Ensure suppliers are aware of, and follow, the company best practice test processes
- Execute static testing of all requirement and design documentation and capture issues raised.
- Defining, agreeing and executing Test witnessing, if required.
- Liaise with Program / Project managers to manage expectations for the testing stages of projects. Agree quality criteria and corrective action
- Ensure that traceability exists between requirements, tests and results for each run and defects and that a suitable process is in place to handle the effect on testing of changes in requirements.
- Report quality metrics each week to project and TCoE as defined in the company Test Framework.
- Assess team size and capability. Identify any gaps and should further resource be required, ensure that it is justified and update the Senior Project Manager on any cost impacts/changes.
- Deliver project documentation at appropriate stage gates in line with the company governance model (the Solution Delivery Framework).
- Define defect management and reporting procedures appropriate to the project. Manage the defect triage process.
- Define and deliver appropriate test reporting requirements.
- Deliver Test progress plus Risk and Issues weekly reports to the project manager and test capability lead.
- Manage the creation and execution of appropriate test cases and schedules.
- Lead and mentor subject matter experts in test execution.
- Create a UAT Test Plan and schedule with the relevant business owners
- Plan UAT testing in, manage the pre-requisites, and assist in creation and risk-based prioritization of business scenarios and support business users with execution of UAT Testing
- Obtain formal sign-off approvals for UAT completion and store these in the project’s SharePoint site as part of the project closure requirements.
- Assist with operational readiness testing incorporating various tests such as backup and recovery, security, high availability, resilience, site failover, disaster recovery and performance. Review deployment plans
- Facilitate test planning workshops with all relevant stakeholders
- Statically review or input into training materials.
- Manage resolution of any escalations relating to tests and test quality and escalate any issue that cannot be resolved with the Test Manager’s remit.
- Highlight and drive risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions forward from identification through to resolution
- Attend appropriate Project boards and team meetings
- Maintain good knowledge of, advise on and justify testing processes
- Represent the project in a professional manner at all times
- At least 5 years Test Management in multiple roles within an outsourced supplier environment, including functional and non-functional testing in a Waterfall environment.
- Substantial experience of working with SAP and infrastructure projects involving firewalls, proxies, switches etc.
- Experience of large corporate international environments in the US
- Experience of managing large numbers of business users in multiple locations
NICE TO HAVE
- ISEB/ ISQTB
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services, or equivalent ALM toolset.
PERSONAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent collaborator, communicator and presenter. The candidate will be working in a team environment with external suppliers, BAs, PMs Etc. and must be confident discussing and advising complex technical issues. Working with business users is a key part of this role and outstanding soft skills are essential.
- Outstanding stakeholder management relationship skills
- Adaptability as we are looking for someone that can be productive quickly
- Ability to identify and discuss improvements to current processes
- Strong planning and leadership skills