- Title: Data Scientist
- Code: RCI-CELG-8304
- Location: Summit New Jersey (NJ) 07901
- Posted Date: 08/14/2019
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Divya Bhatt
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 221
We're currently looking for an experienced Data Scientist with deep technical and statistical knowledge and a proven track record to drive business value using advanced data analysis and machine learning techniques. This position will collaborate with executives and other business departments to execute a variety of analytical projects in the drug safety (pharmacovigilance (PV)) department to improve processes and create efficiencies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze complex data sets to reduce costs and improve customer experience.
- Create systems for gathering, extracting, preparing data from multiple sources.
- Evaluate safety operations and PV activities with measurable data points.
- Understand operational key performance indicators, report trends and patterns.
- Effectively communicate analysis with proper measurements and testing.
- Formulate enhancements through system optimizations and continual data analysis.
- Champion process improvements assessing pre-and post-process change.
- Collaborate within the drug safety function.
- Master's or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field.
- 4+ years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience solving complex business problems using Machine Learning techniques like Regression, Classification, Supervised or Unsupervised Recommenders, etc.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, PHP, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Must meet requirements of company background check policy requirements.
Measure of Success:
- Ability to understand business and applications, capture, organize and present data for making better decisions and creating competitive advantages.
- Ability to enhance safety operations applications with streamlined data components to improve services through effective measurement and analysis.
- Ability to scope, manage and execute assigned projects with effective data visualization.
- Hitting goals while promoting a positive attitude true to our mission and core values.
Experience: relevant: 4 years (Required)
Education: Master's (Required)