- Title: Specimen Processing Technician
- Code: RCI-PFE-16517-1
- Location: New Haven Connecticut (CT) 06511
- Posted Date: 08/23/2019
- Duration: 18 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Vishal Trivedi
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 435
- To process and prepare specimens for proper storage.
- Specimen processing, verification of specimen compliance, and operation of centrifuges.
- Aliquoting specimens
- Delivering specimens to proper bench
- Preparing specimens for storage
- Retrieve samples from storage
- Arrange samples in proper order into specimen containers
- Properly pack specimen containers into shipping boxes and ship specimens
- Receive shipments from outside labs
- Store and log received shipments
- Perform inventory
- Wash glassware
- Dispose of specimens
- Perform basic maintenance
- Record data entry via computer systems
Qualifications / Skills:
- Indicate qualifications and skills that are necessary for performance of responsibilities including: education, relevant experience, licenses, certifications and other job-related technical and managerial skills.
- Two years’ experience in a hospital based or clinical commercial lab, performing specimen processing.
- Associate's degree (A.A./A.S.) in a scientific discipline (preferred).
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work beyond normal work hours and various shift availability required.
- Ability to perform and record data entry via computer systems while conducting timed clinical procedures.
- Must possess skills necessary for sample processing and handling.