- Title: Senior Cloud Engineer
- Code: RCI-NWM-11854
- Location: Milwaukee Wisconsin (WI) 53202
- Posted Date: 09/11/2019
- Duration: 6 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Nirav Soni
- Email: Nirav.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 239
- About the Cloud Platform Team - The public cloud platform experience is a multi-cloud native environment that is built on AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Ansible and other open source projects. Our platforms are multi-tenant environments utilized to run mission-critical workloads at enterprise scale and are currently used by thousands of developers across hundreds of teams.
- We are a team of 10 engineers focused on the Azure cloud platform and infrastructure
- You would be part of a multi-cloud engineering team, with your focus being on Azure. *Ideal candidate should have experience with Azure services and capabilities.* you would be empowered to ensure we maintain a secure and reliable set of services for our customers, including:
- Maintenance and support of automation code for Azure services (using Ansible, Powershell, and Python)
- Focus on Platform Governance & Security; automating operational tasks wherever possible.
- Responding to customer platform questions and assistance.
- Utilizing monitoring and alerting to respond to issues affecting performance, availability, or security of the platform.
- Coordination of priority calls and escalations.
- Adhering to change management processes.
The ideal candidate:
- Is detail oriented and passionate about cloud technologies.
- Puts customers, security, and reliability first.
- Is cool under pressure, effectively handling issues, and identifying the right timing and processes for escalation.
- Learns quickly and applies new skills to everyday work.
- Is proficient with many Azure concepts including security and compliance, compute, network, storage, data, monitoring, automation, ARM templates, PowerShell, and CLI.
- Is comfortable with additional technologies including bash, Python, Git/GitHub/GitLab, Ansible, Terraform.
- Cloud Infra background & experience
- Proven development/scripting background & experience