- Title: R Platform Support
- Code: RCI-BASF-9213
- Location: Durham North Carolina (NC) 27709
- Posted Date: 09/11/2019
- Duration: 12 Months
Provide support for R platform (R servers, RStudio, R packages). Will also provide expert support to data scientists and statisticians
- Advise teams in the planning, designing and utilization of the R based data analysis platform.
- Interact and consult with global R community to translate business requirements into solutions.
- Provide functional support to the scientific community using the R data analysis platform.
- Provide guidance for coding standards and discover new methodologies
- Maintain the data analysis platform, provide technical support, assist troubleshooting day-today operational issues.
- Provide monitoring of the platform to proactively identify and resolve issues. Conduct root cause analysis to identify and resolve complex problems impacting service levels.
- Document the configuration of the system, system controls, and procedures.
- Mentor and train end users
- Bachelor’s Degree in Informatics, Computer Science, or similar
- 5+ years’ experience supporting R statistical programming language
- Experience with bioinformatics tools and data analysis
- 5+ years’ experience working with OS - Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version
- Experience with high performance computing environments
- Configuration and System Management System - Puppet 4+, GitLab, etc.
- Background in scripting and code development: Python or Perl
- Analytic Computing experience (RStudio Emphasis preferred)
- Knowledge of cloud computing and data analytics
- Knowledge of big data methodologies (e.g. Spark)