- Title: Occupational Health Nurse
- Code: RCI-BASF-09285
- Location: Devers Texas (TX) 77541
- Posted Date: 09/27/2019
- Duration: 12 Months
Job Summary / Principal Responsibilities:
Reports to the Occupational Health Nurse Supervisor and provides support to the health surveillance program and meeting regulatory requirements, rendering nursing care to the ill and injured.
- Dispenses medications and immunizations and administers treatments and applies dressings for minor injuries and illnesses.
- Participates in compliance with medical aspects of OSHA, MSHA and Company Corporate standards. Administers medical surveillance programs according to Company Corporate Medical Policies & Procedures.
- Communicates with the occupational health nurse supervisor regarding perceived health problems related to workplace exposure and promotes the observance of good hygiene and safety practice in the performance of employees' job duties.
- Nursing diagnoses, specialized testing and evaluation of results, assessments of patients presenting symptoms of injury/illness in the Medical Department as well as in plant emergency situations. Informs appropriate persons of patient's condition and progress and maintains appropriate documentation.
- Participates in medical triage, judging severity, disposition and referral.
- With the assistance of the site physician, evaluates employees returning to work after absences, injuries, illnesses and surgeries. Reduces medical absenteeism by facilitating early return to work from STD and LTD.
- Schedules exams and participates in pre-placement and other periodic examinations. Performs precision testing (e.g., spirometry, audiometry, breath alcohol etc.). Obtains urine specimens, including urine drug screens.
- Maintains medical confidentiality. Records, processes, and maintains current and accurate medical records for each employee.
- 3-5 years experience in non-occupational nurse setting (hospital emergency room).
- This Requires a TEXAS State Nursing License
- Possess good human relations skills
- Registered Nurse, graduated from an accredited school of nursingo Current Michigan nursing license
- Working knowledge of current treatment, therapy and medications, knowledge of occupational health emergency first aid practices and initial occupational injury treatment.
- Ability to use PC word processor
- Current BLS CPR certification
- Working knowledge of applicable OSHA and MSHA regulations
- Certification in audiometry and spirometry testing
- Certification as a breath alcohol technician and drug test collector.