- Title: Assay Development Scientist
- Code: RCI-PFE-16823-1
- Location: La Jolla California (CA) 92121
- Posted Date: 10/08/2019
- Duration: 18 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Vishal Trivedi
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 435
- The successful candidate will join a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team of scientists in the Oncology Translational Research – Tumor Morphology Group, playing a key role in the development and conduct of predictive biomarker assays in human study samples.
- An Assay Development Scientist serves as a technical expert and supports the rapidly expanding oncology and immuno-oncology portfolio.
- Carry out experiments to help develop, validate and execute biomarker assays to support Phase I/II clinical studies.
- Serve as a technical resource within the TMG for cell culture and preparation of RNA and protein.
- Explore novel concepts and innovative technologies to expand the group’s biomarker discovery capabilities
- Ensure all tasks and responsibilities are carried out according to scientific and ethical standards.
- Interface with colleagues in matrixed diagnostic teams.
- Manage sample work flows including sample accessioning and archiving.
- Gather, interpret, analyze data.
- Keep up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments.
- BS in biological science with 3+ years of experience in assay development/validation with a focus on cancer biology and biomarkers
- Experience in immunohistochemistry development in human tumors
- Experience working with human samples, including sample prep of various types of tumor specimens
- Experience in cell culture and current molecular biology techniques, including qRT-PCR, western blotting, and gene expression profiling.
- Current knowledge of oncology research, drug discovery and development
- Experience with next generation DNA/RNA sequencing, NanoString/HTG analysis of mRNA strongly preferred.
- Experience with and/or comfortable handling mice.
- Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with other scientists, both within the group and in other groups; excellent communication and interpersonal skills.