- Title: Accounts Payable Analyst
- Code: RCI-FRB-1028
- Location: Dallas Texas (TX) 75201
- Posted Date: 10/09/2019
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Nirav Soni
- Email: Nirav.email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 239
- The Senior Ariba Accounts Payable Analyst will provide thought leadership and practical application experience to guide and shape our use of SAP's Ariba Source to pay software. This position will be responsible for establishing best practices for using the SAP Ariba Source to pay solution in a shared service environment.
- In addition, this position will need to effectively communicate with the senior business leadership team regarding best practices from a business process and technology perspective.
- Applicant will work under general direction with a clear framework of accountability to use discretion in identifying and resolving moderately to complex problems and assignments.
- Senior Ariba Accounts Payable Analyst will handle regular issues independently and confer with Management on the most complex matters.
- The Senior Ariba Accounts Payable Analyst has substantial personal responsibility and is primarily self-directed.
- Interacts and communicates frequently with internal and external customers and Audit.
- Decisions may impact work assigned to staff members in the area.
- Performs a variety of tasks, routine processes and handles the most complicated duties requiring experience and judgment.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience with SAP Ariba Source to pay software.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions.
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Analyzes invoice issues and/or travel expense reports and processes payments in accordance with company policies
- Applies more advanced comprehensive accounts payable and accounting principles, practices and techniques to record, classify and analyze accounts payable data and transactions
- Provides support for problem resolutions, including analysis, reporting, troubleshooting, root cause identification and corrective actions related to processes and serves as a resource to others
- Interacts and communicates with internal and external customers and Audit and maintains effective working relationship with Stakeholders
- Researches and evaluates processes to provide recommended improvements/standardization to improve the efficiency/effectiveness of accounts payable systems and policies
- Participates in accounts payable projects, providing knowledge to develop and recommend accounting methods and procedures
- Participates in specialized accounts payable projects and System workgroups, providing advanced knowledge to develop and recommend accounting methods and procedures
- Maintains and reconciles accounts payable accounts and complex reports
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of systems, procedures and policies to ensure adherence to the FRS guidelines and policies
- Responsible for the planning and development of training materials and PowerPoint presentations for various processes/tasks
Minimum education required of the position: -
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or other related field
- Accounts Payable certification (APS) strongly desired
- Six Sigma Certification a plus
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted
Minimum experience required of the position:
- 5 years of professional experience in accounting and/or full-cycle accounts payable, preferably in a Shared Services or consolidated environment
- 3 years SAP Ariba Source to pay experience with focus working on Source to pay modules
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position:
- Proficient in the use of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, Visio and/or similar reporting tools
- Has the ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with staff and all levels of management
- Ability to document and develop processes including flowcharting
- Ability to speak clearly and write effectively at peer level
Work hours and conditions:
- Working Conditions: Typically, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- Occasional work during evening hours and on weekends may be necessary depending on workload and project schedules.