- Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
- Code: RCI-BOG-1009
- Location: Washington District of Columbia (DC) 20006
- Posted Date: 10/09/2019
- Duration: 8 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Nirav Soni
- Email: Nirav.email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 239
Accounts Payable Specialist
- Ensures that accurate and timely payments and collections are made on reimbursements to staff, suppliers, and customers. The AP Analyst participates in the operation of the automated financial system.
- Must apply established company policies and procedures in performing all of these tasks.
- Verifies accurately and in a timely manner that all payment documents are legal, proper, and correct in accordance with the Prompt Payment Act (Public Law 97-177, as amended by Public Law 100-496) with little or no supervision.
- Calculates, processes and pays late payment interest in accordance with the Prompt Payment Act.
- Provides quality customer service to support Board personnel, vendors and designated personnel from within and outside the Board.
- Uses on-line automated financial system to input/query invoice information and activity such as status of invoice, payment activity, discounts taken, matching invoices to purchase orders, calculating due dates and discount due dates.
- Accounting, compliance, customer service, analysis, communication, financial analysis, research, Oracle Systems experience
- Problem solver: Handles the most difficult and more complex issues.
- Must be able to resolve problems that vary widely and require the interpretation and application of the accounts payable and accounts receivable policies, taking into consideration of potential problems, initiates corrective action, or makes recommendations to resolve issues.
Years of experience: 5
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Preferred hours: 8am – 4pm