- Title: Biologist
- Code: RCI-ABV-06515
- Location: Abbott Park Illinois (IL) 60064
- Posted Date: 10/09/2019
- Duration: 5 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Sumit Rawat
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 232
Job Title: BIOLOGIST
- Bachelors Degree in general biology with a focus in a specific discipline (i.e. cell biology, microbiology, molecular biology).
- Some experience in that discipline 2-4 years preferred. Familiarity with GMP and GLP and good documentation skills.
- Strong aseptic technique is required for microbiological work including media preparation and growth curves.
- Experience with sample preparation and analysis is required – experience with HPLC is preferred.
- Work will involve handling of BSL1 microorganisms (fermentation cultures) and chemicals for HPLC mobile phase preparations.
1) Do you have any upcoming time off or business travel? I will be out Oct 18.
2) What hours and days will this person be working? M-F, 8 hours/day. Start time can be between 7:00am and 8:00am
3) What are the top 5 skills/requirements this person is required have?
• Required Skill 1: Excellent aseptic technique in handling microbial cultures.
• Required Skill 2: Culture media preparation.
• Required Skill 3: Simple culture sample preparation for growth curves measurements
• Required Skill 4: Experience with HPLC is preferred, or some familiarity with preparation of samples and mobile phase for HPLC
• Required Skill 5: Clear and complete documentation skills in a timely manner with low rate of error corrections.
4) What years of experience, education, and/or certification is required? No certifications required. BS with 2-4 years of lab experience with microbial cultures (HPLC experience is highly preferred). MS with lab work experience of the same kind.
5) What is a nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification? Processing of data after HPLC runs. Experience with YSI bioanalyzer.
6) What is the environment that this person will be working in (i.e. group setting vs individual role)? Person will be working in 2 labs (in the same building). One lab will have a senior scientist working in the same lab. In the other lab, the person will be working alone but can call senior scientist at any time for questions.
7) Is any testing required for this role? No (I assume you mean proficiency testing.)
8) Does this position offer the ability to work remotely on a regular basis or is it an on-site role? If remote opportunity exists, what are the options (i.e. 1 day remote, 4 days on-site)?
Other notable details from the hiring manager about this role Attention to detail and asking questions when something is unclear is expected. Willingness to be trained on new procedures with aim to perform the new task independently error-free.