Facilities Senior Coordinator
- Supports the successful operation of facility, laboratory and business functions at multi-use sites through interaction with internal customers and external service providers.
- The incumbent in this role, contributes to the completion of specific milestones associated with projects impacting cross-functional teams, supports the department on diverse projects that extend beyond their functional area, and may provide project management leadership on tasks of moderate scope specific to their functional area.
- With little or no direction, this individual carries out routine tasks and functions.
- Using analytical skills and expertise, the incumbent independently identifies and solves problems of minor scope and complexity.
- The individual works collaboratively with their immediate supervisor, team members and internal and external customers to achieve team goals and uses informal leadership opportunities and effective communication to influence team direction and continue to build trust and value.
- Coordinates Facilities services and administrative functions to ensure optimal function, aesthetics and condition at expansive or multi-site facilities.
- Manages regional space planning activities including headcount projection requirements, seating / capacity maps and enterprise space planning system (FM) updates, and customer interface support at multiple sites.
- Administers computerized maintenance management system (CMMS - eWorkOrder) including data input, system upgrades and enhancements, and report/metric generation. May provide electronic work order administration including generation, monitoring, distribution and closing of work orders.
- Develops and presents monthly regional metric reports to monitor and evaluate department operational targets i.e. (Space Planning, CMMS, Shipping / Receiving, Labor Hours, Work Order TAT)
- Maintains facilities files including drawings, permits, certificates and maintenance records to ensure compliance
- Provides oversight with scheduling and coordination of PM work orders including administering and monitoring planned and unplanned work order activity
- Provides oversight, support and direction to outside contracted service providers, as required.
Procurement System and Facilities Budgetary Oversight at Multi-Sites:
- Primary Oracle support for purchase requisitions, purchase orders, invoice reconciliation and invoice approval when applicable.
- Develops and manages regional budget tracking which includes monthly over/under reporting and the coordination of regional OPEX / CAPEX budget forecasting.
- Provides oversight and tracking all facilities vendor contracts including submission of all appropriate documents via OKC for legal review and PO generation.
- Manage the RFQ/RFP process, pricing and services negotiation, scope of work and renewal dates
- Serves as Facilities Liaison with Legal and Strategic Sourcing to ensure corporate and vendor contract terms comply with corporate guidance.
- Validate terms/pricing and monitor contract/project timelines. Creates action plan to address issues
- Assists in the review of property leases and may serve as a site representative during landlord interactions to ensure corporate expectations are preserved.
- Initiates and manages projects of moderate scope and complexity within their functional area.
- Manages the upkeep and improvement of facility interior architectural components and finishes; determines scope of work, material and equipment needed, anticipates next steps, and coordinates with impacted groups.
- Serves as a Facilities site representative during interactions with all cross functional groups, as required
- Participates in utility conservation or process cost savings and improvement initiatives.
Customer Service and Support:
- Regularly reviews, prioritizes, coordinates and promptly responds to work orders and service requests
- Interfaces with R&D customers to provide guidance on facility business issues and to ensure all expectations are being met
- Maintains a positive relationship with all the members of the Facilities department and our site customers while promoting a positive team environment
- May provide backup support to all functions of the Shipping and Receiving area.
Compliance with Corporate, Safety and Regulatory Policies:
- Maintains all required Corporate, Facilities and EHS training as required
- Provides oversight with all departmental training requirements to ensure compliance
- Drives maintenance of facilities business continuity and crisis management documents and notification systems to ensure current and accurate information.
Required Competencies - Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook with extensive background in database systems. Innate ability to learn new software, such as enterprise business, building management and maintenance management systems.
- Strong knowledge in facility management systems such as CMMS
- (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems - eWorkOrder)
- Working knowledge of enterprise business systems such as Oracle / BasWare / Hyperion
- Knowledge of accounting principles and strong experience with departmental budget management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a high proficiency with writing well-formulated emails and notifications. Ability to effectively communicate with employees, contractors and vendors. Experience with technical writing and document development / generation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience dealing with a diverse workforce
- Strong multi-tasking ability in conjunction with proven organizational skills.
- Ability to organize assigned tasks in a high paced environment and concurrently monitor tasks / assignments with others that may impact timely completion.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and activities simultaneously
- Experience in coordinating outside contractors in support of facility operations, maintenance and ancillary systems
- Knowledge of building systems including life-safety, lighting, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing
- Familiarity with building utility systems and lab equipment
- Basic knowledge of local, state and federal building codes
- Familiarity with FDA / cGXP environments and associated compliance regulations.
- Professional Knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Team Player / Building Relationships
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Active Listening
Education & Experience:
- AA / AS degree or acceptable trade certification of experience in combination of education and practical experience
- Minimum 6 years of Facilities coordinating / planning experience, preferably in a biotech environment.
Working Conditions: - Physical / Mental Demands
- Occasional stooping, bending, stretching, pushing, pulling, reaching and/or lifting up to 25lbs
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and move within workspace for extended periods
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks i.e. hand to finger manipulations, grasping, pushing & pulling.
- Primarily office environment
- Ability to work safely in an environment with potential exposure to hazardous or infectious materials and waste.
- Ability to work safely when working alone or working with others.