- Title: System Administrator
- Code: RCI-20982-1
- Location: Warrenville Illinois (IL) 60555
- Posted Date: 11/07/2019
- Duration: 24 Months
- Name:Namy Bhatt
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 207
Oracle Unified Directory (Directory Services Operations):
- Evaluate Oracle Unified Directory configurations to resolve issues and implement enhancements
- Develop/maintain JAVA/J2EE applications
- Support application and server migrations and upgrades.
- Start/stop and troubleshoot Lightweight Directory Access Protocol services
- Manage certificates used for application security
- Create new Lightweight Directory Access Protocol instances
- Maintain scripts and ensure that backup/purge scripts are running properly (automated with cron scripts).
- Provide restores when requested and or necessary.
- Reload tables and maintain logs
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol performance tuning.
- Investigate application issues with application support teams.
- Manage service accounts and unlock or reset passwords.
- Ensure replication is working properly
- Apply, test verify any changes requested by application support teams.
- Monitor servers and storage utilization, and running Oracle Unified Directory and Ping Identity processes via the Unix and Windows command line
- Work with the internal clients to integrate Ping Identity into their environments
- Plan, test, verify and implement application and security patches.
- Create and maintain documentation and diagrams for processes and technical environment.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for support escalations and participate in off hours maintenance activities.
- Migrate single sign-on applications from existing servers to new servers
- Bachelor’s degree and typically 3 to 5 years related experience in administrating single sign-on solutions, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Appropriate technical skills:
- Implementing, administrating and troubleshooting Oracle Unified Directory
- Command-line administration of Linux/Unix systems, Windows Servers, Microsoft Active Directory
Knowledge of business practices and processes:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in an environment with change control processes
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform independent technical research
Performs this role in support of as part of the Technical Operations organization