- Title: UX Designer
- Code: RCI-29659-1
- Location: Princeton New Jersey (NJ) 08543
- Posted Date: 11/07/2019
- Duration: 6 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Vishal Trivedi
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 435
Position Description and Responsibilities
- Candidate will be responsible for translating business requirements and user research into designs for intuitive and user friendly technology solutions that address both the needs of users while also satisfying business objectives.
- Conceptualize and design UI/UX mockups for web and application interfaces.
- Including building wireframe prototypes, annotated layouts and requirements documents to present to stakeholders across the business.
- Design and implement user-centered research (with some guidance) throughout the design and development cycle (from discovery to delivery) using a variety of methodologies including: ethnographic interviews, ethnography, contextual inquiry, diary studies, concept testing, benchmarking/competitive analysis, usability, persona/profile creation and other appropriate qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- Build, foster and collaborate directly with internal customers and business stakeholders in an iterative/agile manner to gather business goals and requirements.
- Create conceptual wireframes, simple prototypes and user flows.
- Translate low fidelity wireframes/UX prototypes into effective and appealing visual interfaces.
- Design and deliver high-fidelity user interface mockups/screen comps for development teams.
- Deliver style guides to ensure visual treatment is properly implemented by development teams.
- Ability to participate and potentially lead user interviews and usability testing.
- Continually monitor research, data and trends from secondary research sources (both internal and external) such as academic research and industry reports to inform and improve our research methods and methodology.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, manage time efficiently and juggle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Education/Experience-Bachelor’s degree in Design or related field-or adequate years of experience
- Demonstrable success in executing a human-centered design process on projects
- Experience with user flows, wireframing and prototyping tools like Adobe Suite, Sketch, or similar design applications
- Demonstrable success creating and clearly communicating via abstract diagrams and models of user journeys, tasks, work, goals, application flows, information, decisions, product wireframes, service blueprints, and mockups
- Skill in conducting user research and design exercises, such as field observations, user interviews, focus groups, design brainstorming, contextual inquiry, design studios, and card sorting
- Experience creating prototypes and interacting with end-users to refine designs
- Ability to create compelling presentations and confidently convey insights through storytelling
- Strong Customer interaction and the ability to turn requirements into design
- Strong knowledge of user experience, information architecture, and interactive best practices
- Ability to translate client and business needs into visually engaging and effective design
- Knowledge of principles and practices of interface design with an excellent command of formats, typography, graphics, and layout
- Possess a solid understanding of design best practices with regards to cross-browser and device compatibility
- Highly organized and able to follow pre-defined conventions and processes so others can easily pick up files on projects when necessary
- Operates effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proficiency in designing for a SharePoint environment is a BIG plus
- Participates in team and client meetings effectively and efficiently
- Keeps team lead well informed of project changes and challenges as they arise
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Effectively conveys our message and approach in both written and verbal communications
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of web development, application programming, database, and system design
- Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet, and client/server architectures
- Gains a thorough understanding of our overall team capabilities
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements
- Understands at a high level the abilities and limitations of industry-standard technologies and software packages