- Title: Test Engineer
- Code: RCI-80177
- Location: Lake Forest Illinois (IL) 60045
- Posted Date: 11/07/2019
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Sumit Rawat
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 232
Primary Job Function
- Primary function is to test both medical and non-medical informatics products. Participates in a team-oriented environment to design and test desktop, web, and mobile applications through manual and automated practices.
- Design, develop, and execute manual and automated software test plans for desktop, web, and mobile medical and non-medical informatics products in collaboration with SCRUM-based cross-functional design and development teams.
- Develop and execute manual and automated software testing (black and white box).
- Analyze product risks and develop suitable mitigation plans (software, usability, labeling, training, other) in conjunction with the developers.
- Review Software Requirements and Design Specifications, and provide input to ensure they are unambiguous, testable (verifiable), and clear (concise, terse, simple, precise).
- Helping in testing documentation review, develop testing standards, define criteria for testing, analyze test results, and present results to developers and other stakeholders.
- Perform test case and test case run analysis to determine adequacy of testing, including coverage, boundary and regression analysis.
- Provide testing & allied documentation in conformance with regulatory, security, and privacy standards for all types of testing such as functional, performance, regression, other.
- Provide input to systems and applications developers on testing procedures and requirements, schedules, or potential problems according to regulations and standards.
- Contribute to a sustainable Continuous Integration infrastructure with centralized software builds and automated testing environment.
- Fault isolation, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis activities during system integration and testing for systems in development. Able to apply the latest software development and testing tools and techniques as required.
Position Accountability / Scope
- The individual is responsible for testing (verification and validation) of informatics products in compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as both US and Foreign regulatory standards and requirements.
- The individual will work with a broad range of technologists and support personnel within Abbott.
- The individual must be a self-driven individual with the ability to take ownership of assigned activities
Bachelor’s degree in one the following: Software Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Systems Engineering, Informatics or Information Systems. An advanced degree in one of the above disciplines is preferred.
Minimum Experience / Training Required
- 0-2 years experience in software development or testing role.
- The candidate must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong programming/scripting ability.
- Desireable Skills
- Test Automation skills: Selenium, Test Complete.
- Environment: Linux, Windows
- Cloud: AWS