We create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. We have been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Piping Design Lead Engineer - Capital Projects- -Houston Katy Freeway (Contract Position)
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to provide expertise in Piping Design & Engineering responsible for providing expertise and guidance to support project scope development, estimating, detailed design, project execution, and coordination for capital investment projects in North America. This role supports the development and execution of capital projects for new chemical plants, major expansions, debottlenecking of existing plants and infrastructure facilities, Turnarounds etc. These capital investments support the Corporation 2025 growth strategy and this job function helps to ensure that the investments meet the cost, schedule, and quality requirements of the responsible Business Unit.
- Leveraging your educational background in Engineering discipline and your strong work experience in capital project execution, you will provide Piping Design/Engineering leadership to support project scope development, estimating, detailed design, checking, and project execution for in-house projects.
- You will provide Piping Design/Engineering Leadership to coordinate Capital and Operational projects with HVE (High Value Engineering) and outside Engineering Contractors. In this capacity, you will ensure that quality, cost compliance, schedule, and constructability aspects of projects are met according to commitments.
- With your knowledge and familiarity in S3D / other Intergraph tools, you will lead piping designers and engineers at HVE/EPC to ensure safety, quality of design, specification, and schedule and cost compliance of the projects.
- You will leverage your coordination skills to collaborate with Discipline counterparts from Civil, Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical and process. You will also consult with site operations, maintenance, Technology managers, external vendors and other stakeholders as required.
- Your experience in large capital projects and deep knowledge in ASME codes and standards will allow you to coordinate all required piping activities in project execution with in-house and external piping expertise.
- You will leverage your piping material engineering knowledge to develop and update Piping Material specifications according to ASME, API and other applicable codes and standards and assist projects in obtaining technical standards deviation approval.
- Experience required - 10- 12 years with a degree/ 15+ years without a degree
- Capital Project Experience is a MUST HAVE
- Candidate must have lead projects