- Title: Research Associate
- Code: RCI-07431
- Location: Foster City California (CA) 94404
- Posted Date: 11/12/2019
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Mangesh Kanade
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 260
We are seeking a highly motivated, creative, and collaborative individual with a background in immunology and strong interest in investigating novel approaches to achieve drug-free remission or cure of HIV infection. The goal of our team is to rigorously test the most promising of these approaches so that we can rapidly advance them to the clinic and meaningfully improve treatment options for people living with HIV.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Designing, validating and performing novel cell-based immunology and virology assays; evaluating new targets and therapeutic approaches for curing HIV; supporting in vivo proof-of-concept studies in models of chronic HIV infection; understanding properties of the latent HIV reservoir in experimental models and clinical settings; interpreting results, and proactively troubleshooting technical challenges.
- The work will be conducted in a highly interactive and collaborative multi-disciplinary scientific environment.
- Plans and executes experiments that support research activities and project goals.
- Operates scientific equipment, selects appropriate methods and techniques to perform experiments.
- With general guidance and direction, selects appropriate methods and techniques in performing experiments.
- Presents data and works with immediate supervisor on problems of moderate complexity.
- Participates and presents data in group meetings.
- Typically requires a BS/BA degree in Immunology, Microbiology, Molecular and Cell Biology or other related life science discipline and minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in one or more of the following techniques: immune cell functional assays, multi-color FACS, primary cell isolation and culture, ELISA/Luminex, molecular biology techniques such as RNA/DNA isolation, qPCR, cloning and virus production.
- The candidate should be a creative and goal-oriented problem solver capable of working independently.
- The candidate must be able to process data and evaluate data quality, including recognizing anomalous and inconsistent results.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.