- Title: Sourcing Project Lead - Major Equipment & Materials
- Code: RCI-201
- Location: White Plains New York (NY) 10601
- Posted Date: 11/22/2019
- Duration: 12 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 412
JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform market analysis to understand supply base and market forces for the category, including monitoring commodity trends and analyzing the impact on equipment cost models.
- Build the total cost of ownership models.
- Support development and maintenance of Equipment & Commodities category strategies and initiatives in coordination with the Category Manager.
- Design and execute strategic sourcing events.
- Carry out fact-based discussions with suppliers to come to an agreement on the terms and conditions for new or renewed contracts.
- Highly collaborative team-oriented individual, who has proven the ability to build relationships with technical and business resources.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while delivering solid action-oriented results quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Procurement experience with the proven ability to establish category management capabilities to drive compliance, performance, reduce cost, and reduce risk.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify, quantify and effectively leverage data to support business decisions.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key suppliers.
- Ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship, both internally and externally.
- Understanding of the types of equipment & commodities that NYPA and the NYS entities NPYA supports use, including electric generation and transmission equipment and marine equipment
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations, or similar.
1+ years of leadership/management experience with large and/or complex work efforts.
3+ years’ experience managing materials categories, particularly major equipment and commodities.
3+ year’s professional experience in Procurement, Finance, Accounting, and/or Supply Chain Management.
3+ years’ experience in the Utility industry – Preferred