- Title: Associate Scientist
- Code: RCI-07015
- Location: Redwood City California (CA) 94063
- Posted Date: 12/02/2019
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Sumit Rawat
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 232
- The Translational Immuno-Oncology Department is committed to elucidating the mechanisms of our therapeutics as they transition into human clinical studies and equipping them with biomarkers to aid in their progression through the pipeline.
- We are seeking a highly motivated and collaborative individual with a passion for oncology research, who enjoys working in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment.
- The successful candidate will work both within the Translational Immuno-Oncology Department and as a member of cross-departmental interdisciplinary teams.
- Oncology is a key therapeutic area for client, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in nearly 200 clinical trials in 19 different types of cancer.
- Client has expanded its oncology hub on the West Coast, with three sites in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City, South San Francisco, and Sunnyvale) focused on the discovery and development of novel oncology therapies.
- More than 1,000 scientists, clinicians, and product developers with strong entrepreneurial roots work across these three sites.
- They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments.
- This position is in the Redwood City, CA location.
- BS or MS degree in Immunology, Cell Biology, Oncology or other biology discipline with 2-5 years of related lab work experience in either academia or industry
- Hands on experience in immunology, cellular biology techniques, such as cell culture, multi-color flow cytometry, ELISA or Luminex, et al
- Experience with human or mouse primary sample processing and cell based functional assay is highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience in cancer immunology/immuno-oncology or translational research is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Enjoy teamwork and collaboration, willing to listen to or accept different ideas or opinions
- Ability to multitask and work within timelines
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, summarize and present experiment results
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, FlowJo, GraphPad Prism, et al, and aptitude to train in other software programs when required for specific instruments
- Aligned with the overall goals of the team, utilize broad technical expertise in cell biology, molecular biology, tumor biology and immunology to design and execute experiments, optimize and troubleshoot experimental details, generate and present experimental data
- Develop in vitro and ex vivo assays to facilitate biomarker discovery for immuno-oncology programs and to expand understanding of our therapeutics
- Articulate hypotheses, workplans, and results objectively to a variety of audiences in both oral and written communications
- Organize and document data and results in an electronic lab notebook, embrace global registration and inventory systems, utilize shared databases and visualization software to collaborate with all Oncology Discovery teams
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug and radioactive compounds, GxP compliance, and animal care where applicable
Length of Contract: One year to start but could extend
Are you open to look at candidates willing to relocate? – Local Candidates
Years of experience/education/certifications required: 2-5 years and BS or MS degree in Life Sciences or Bioengineering
What are the top 3 skills/requirements this person should have?
- Cell Biology
- Immunology background
- Bio-chemistry/lab skills
- Molecular biology
- Recent Lab expeirence
What type of environment is this person working in?
How soon after the request is published to the supplier are you looking to start interviewing: ASAP
Interview Process (will this be a phone or in-person interview): Phone and In Person
Work Schedule: Flexible but as long as they work 8 hour day.