- Title: Service Desk Specialist
- Code: SPO-616806
- Location: Dauphin Pennsylvania (PA) 17018
- Posted Date: 12/03/2019
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Shailesh Sargara
- Email: Shailesh.Sargara@rangam.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 219
Service Desk 2 (SD2) - More than 3 years relevant experience, A+ certification preferred, additional certification may be required based on specific technologies.
The Service Desk analyzes and troubleshoots computer support problems and applies his or her understanding of computer software and hardware products and services to resolve user problems.
• Writes or revises training manuals and procedures.
• Develops training materials, such as exercises and visual displays.
• Remotely train users on software and hardware.
• Writes software and hardware evaluation and recommendation for management review.
• Implements shared software, such as operating systems, configuration management tools, application and development tools, testing tools, compilers, and code editors.
• Receives telephone calls and e-mails from users having problems using computer software and hardware or inquiring how to use specific software, programming languages, electronic mail, or operating systems.
• Ascertains the nature of problem, determine whether problem is caused by hardware such as printer, cables, or telephone, and log in ticketing system.
• Escalates problems in accordance with defined procedures.
• Assists users through problem solving steps.
• Uses knowledge databases to research problems and talks with co-workers to research problem and find solution.
• Tests software and hardware for troubleshooting and problem resolution.
• Able to diagnose, detect, and correct equipment errors and repair products by making technical adjustments.
• Makes appropriate use of reference publications and diagnostic aids in resolving technical problems.
• Provides accurate and complete answers to general use and administrative environment questions in a timely manner.
• Supports shared software, such as operating systems, configuration management tools, application and development tools, testing tools, compilers, and code editors.
• Communicates accurate and useful status updates.
• Manages and reports time spent on all work activities.
• Follows quality standards.
• Able to work in a team environment
• Completes assigned tasks.
• Strong communication skills; both written and spoken.