- Title: Records & Information Analyst
- Code: RCI-210
- Location: White Plains New York (NY) 10601
- Posted Date: 01/09/2020
- Duration: 9 Months
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 412
This role will support the New York Power Authority’s Digital Warehouse. In anticipation of the role out of Enterprise Content Management the Digital warehouse has received a turnover of Engineering records that need to be analyzed and digitized to create knowledge and records repository. These documents have long term value and need to be tagged with appropriate meta data and associated to our taxonomy structure before being indexed and or digitized.
Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Analyze and research current collection of engineering documents to look for duplicates and or to correctly associate like document sets.
- Using Content Server, create a structure that will facilitate easy searching and browsing to located materials. Work with Engineers and subject matter experts to confirm terms and dates of projects.
- Work with Procurement to locate vendors for scanning bulk records, coordinate outsourcing of digitization and quality control.
- Upload bulk records using excel spreadsheets and Blubaker software
- Working with Knowledge Management tag documents that have value for the Knowledge base. Recommend documents that have potential as templates. And associate retention to all documents that are retained.
- Implement a plan to analyze and digitize or warehouse a large collection of engineering documents
- Working with Office 365 Compliance center develop a plan for storing short term documents that support engineering needs
- Assist end users with searching for technical documents by their associated metadata tags.
- Assist with developing policies and procedures for Content Management, facilitate working groups from different business areas to vet future policies. Support a training program for Records and information services.
- Assist with any resources needed to support technical work such as database upgrades and One drive migrations
- Clear understanding of Content/ Records Management systems
- Understanding and ability to interpret NYPAs Engineering needs and document collections for ease of discovery
- Work with various business units to further understand their records and information needs and usage styles.
- Experience with Content Server or other established records management systems.
- Excellent taxonomy/metadata skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience creating collections of documents and training end users to search
- Experience in the engineering/utilities, field ability to work in a highly regulated environment
- Exceptional customer service and strong interpersonal skills are required
- Microsoft Office/Outlook skills, knowledge of Access, and strong Excel skills
- Ability to establish effective relationships with team members
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree required and MLS or candidate for MLS preferred
- Experience with a Records/Content management system
- Prior Indexing and tagging experience
- 3-5 years of Records or information management experience
- Understanding of the Laws and Regulations for NYS
- Working Knowledge of SharePoint, One Drive and Office 365