- Title: Polymer Laboratory Technician
- Code: RCI-81008
- Location: North Chicago Illinois (IL) 60064
- Posted Date: 01/13/2020
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Sumit Rawat
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 232
Sr. Laboratory Technician - Center for Materials Characterization
Internal Job Title: Scientist – Technical Support
As a member of our Materials Characterization Team, you will play a key role in improving product performance by building expertise on the product’s materials properties. You will use engineering and analytical principals to work with products, components, and processes in a collaborative environment to implement product improvements. Your particular focus will be R&D and on-market product technical support and improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts chemical analysis of polymers, reagents, raw materials, resins and additives by FTIR and XRF.
- Analyzes samples by microscopy.
- Performs sample separation, filtration buffer preparation, pH testing.
- Performs various tests to determine if outcomes are within parameters and reviews completed process
- Interprets results of tests and consults the outcomes.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of all testing activities. Documents testing process.
- Prepares written reports.
- Provides support for major projects that have potential impact on product quality, cost and supply.
- Cleans and performs daily maintenance on equipment as necessary.
- Adheres to environmental and safety procedures associated with lab processes and procedures.
IDEAL/HIGHLY PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years industry experience in laboratory settings
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in STEM, Chemistry, Materials Science, Polymer Science, or equivalent;
- Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills; critical thinking skills;
- Ability to design experiments, analyze and interpret data, and document conclusions;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary team members and also to work independently;
- Very strong investigational skills, drive to understand and solve problems;
- Propensity for continuous learning and experimentation.
- Experience with statistical software.
- Will work with samples that include human blood and blood components using procedural controls and personal protective equipment.
- Solution preparation, filtration, pH testing
- Knows instruments