- Title: Travel and Expense Management Strategic Sourcing Lead
- Code: RCI-0113
- Location: Piscataway New Jersey (NJ) 08854
- Posted Date: 01/13/2020
- Duration: 9-12 Months
Seeking a Travel and Expense Management Strategic Sourcing Lead for University Procurement Services. This position reports to Director of Strategic Sourcing and works closely with the Travel and Expense Management program office. The Travel and Expense Management Strategic Sourcing Lead must possess an in-depth understanding of the travel and expense management category, related market place conditions, and is experienced with the nuisances of identifying and contracting a qualified provider/s.
The objective is to leverage an experienced subject matter expert to assist the sourcing effort to streamline and automate the Client's global travel and expense management program, to include integration of travel bookings and expense management transactions within existing
eProcurement systems, processes and policies.
The T&E Sourcing Lead has a deep understanding of the procurement function and is a subject matter expert in the areas of strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management and strategic negotiations and contracting.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
• Works independently and closely with functional stakeholder management teams and suppliers and applies category management best practice tools and techniques in the development and implementation of an integrated sourcing strategy for travel and expense management.
• Assesses the overall opportunity of the spend category, engages the stakeholders with facts and data finding, and sets initial targets.
• Creates a category management business case, and launches the team and project.
• Segments the category, identifies current and future business requirements and assembles all necessary information.
• Performs a rigorous analysis of business, supply chain and supplier data to generate options and document a strategic source plan and launches a source plan strategy into practice through implementation planning, rigorous go-to-market strategy, negotiations with suppliers, contract execution and implementation of change.
• Establishes a supplier performance management and stakeholder satisfaction scorecarding program for post contract execution
• Bachelors in Business, Finance, Supply Chain or related field required.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in strategic sourcing with strong knowledge of travel and expense management and related sourcing processes, tools/systems, policies and best practices.
• Project Management experience • Strong analytical background and financial modeling experience • Demonstrated negotiation skills of the highest quality and effectiveness
• Demonstration of solid leadership capabilities, with particular strengths in collaboration, written and verbal communications, and cross-functional teamwork; ability to inspire and motivate towards a common goal • Proven ability to perform in highly matrixed organizational environment • Strong MS Office and analytical skills • Analytical and strategic thinker, with highly developed problem-solving skills • Strong presentation skills; can speak across various forums and communicate to broad, diverse audience • Effective and strong partnership and relationship building skills • Comfortable operating in a dynamic environment, often needing to make adjustments mid-stream
• Advanced knowledge of Source to Pay and/or Procure to Pay technologies/platforms and procurement processes preferred
• Experience with Higher Education preferred
• Spend and stakeholder analysis and categorization
• Market intelligence/benchmarking
• RFP development, review and enhancement recommendations
• Contract review and enhancement recommendations
• Contract implementation plan
• Supplier relationship management plan
• Technology integration and support plan
• Project management primary support