- Title: Analytical Scientist
- Code: RCI-81576
- Location: North Chicago Illinois (IL) 60064
- Posted Date: 02/14/2020
- Duration: 9 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Sumit Rawat
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 232
Contractor Position – Analytical Scientist / Enzymologist
Special Work Activities and Conditions:
- Continuous sitting and standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 our day). Keyboard use expected to be greater than or equal to 50% of the workday.
- Will also routinely work with laboratory chemicals and reagents.
Primary job function:
- The primary function of this laboratory position is the design and execution of analytical experiments toward characterization of enzymes and the reactions they catalyze.
Core job duties:
- The successful candidate will be capable of skillfully conducting multiple classic and customized analytical techniques, primarily applied to enzymes and related protein biomolecules.
- A specific requirement of the position includes expertise with kinetic enzyme activity assays, protein-binding affinities, protein characterization methods and quantitative measurements with HPLC and spectroscopic analytical methods.
- The candidate must be capable of functioning within a cross-functional team involved with new product development and able to anticipate critical product development needs from biological molecule analysis.
- Ability to critically process analytical data and results as well as interpretation and summarization of data from analytical methods for stakeholders is a necessity.
- The position will require excellent team-working and adaptability competencies as well as strong technical communication skills, both in written and oral form.
- The candidate must also be effective with timely and accurate record-keeping of laboratory work.
- PHD. or M.S. with at least 2 years relevant experience or B.S. with at least 4 years relevant experience. Degree(s) should be in either a biological or chemical science field.
- Proven experience with standard bioanalytical methods used to characterize protein biomolecules is required.
- Past demonstration of ability to optimize analytical methods to new applications and troubleshoot instrumentation or method problems when they occur is also a requirement.
- Knowledge of antibodies and immunochemical methods would facilitate the candidate’s integration into immediate work activities.
- Experience with protein structure / function relationships would also be beneficial