- Title: Quality Control Technician
- Code: RCI-4959
- Location: Marinette Wisconsin (WI) 54143
- Posted Date: 02/14/2020
- Duration: 4-5 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Nirav Soni
- Email: Nirav.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 239
What you will do
- Audits and inspects raw materials, purchased components, and products at various stages of the production process.
- Compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products.
- Supports the implementation of Manufacturing Best Practices as part of the Company's Manufacturing System.
How you will do it
- Interprets engineering drawings, written procedures, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management, production, and engineering personnel to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Selects products for audit at specified stages in the production process, and inspects products for a variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics.
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Evaluates data and writes Deviation Reports to indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
- Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
- Interfaces with customer service, product service, marketing, etc. to troubleshoot product issues including occasional field work.
- Provides data upon request regarding the construction and testing of the products.
- Performs internal audits to meet the requirements of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 to ensure that the facility is meeting the requirements of the standards.
- Maintains calibration of gages used to determine product quality.
- Updates controlled documents such as drawings and procedures throughout the plant.
What we look for
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, vendors, and/or factory reps.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area and circumference.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Five (5) years of related experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Internal Auditor preferred.