- Title: Technical Training Program Manager
- Code: RCI-8760
- Location: White Plains New York (NY) 10601
- Posted Date: 02/27/2020
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 412
- The Technical Training Program Manager is responsible for working with multiple levels of NYPA technical experts to identify and implement technical training programs that support degreed employee technical knowledge development at various levels of the salaried organization.
- The Program Manager also works closely with Talent Development and Talent Acquisition to ensure alignment to organizational strategy and objectives, and incorporate data and trends from NYPA’s talent management planning processes that will enable employee recruitment and retention in the highly competitive utility workplace.
- NYPA benefits from well-rounded employees that are able to see a path for their technical progression in the organization.
- The Program Manager is responsible for maintaining compliance to ISO 55001 Clause 7.2 – Competence as it pertains to the department.
- This includes training, procurement, and assignment, delivery, tracking and reporting, using processes that support NYPA’s effort to drive efficiency improvements through a sound asset management philosophy.
- Promote change management throughout the affected departments and champion the program across NYPA
- Working with leadership, deploy curated technical curriculums specifically for technical professionals that reduce or eliminate gaps as they advance in the organization.
- Conduct technical gap analysis between individual contributors and those performing at a high level in their respective fields.
- Identify and facilitate development and deployment of technical programs to address targeted skill areas for degreed technical professional personnel across various NYPA departments.
- Utilize internal experts, equipment vendors, institutions of higher learning, and any other available resources to provide utility specific training for NYPA personnel.
- Implement technical programs that create a competitive advantage for NYPA in recruiting and retaining personnel at multiple levels of the organization.
- Collaborate with Talent Development to ensure technical training and leadership/soft skills training are aligned and complementary.
- Manage a wide range of complex stakeholder relationships and maintain a deep understanding of the needs of stakeholders to ensure all activities deliver the greatest value.
- Implement a company-wide program for monitoring and delivery of various certifications requiring ongoing continuous education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated expertise in organizational technical learning techniques and methods.
- Ability to create competency models for various technical disciplines.
- Ability to conduct and interpret technical gap analysis across a variety of disciplines.
- Formulate learning plans to address gaps defined in gap analysis.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills at all organizational levels.
- Ability to create development program timelines and milestones.
- Ability to assess business needs and operationalize leadership’s technical vision from an engineering level perspective.
- Ability to use a strong consulting model to demonstrate that the success of the business unit is the main priority through understanding of their technical needs and strategies and address those needs, goals, and challenges.
- Possess excellent consulting and partnering skills and is able to build trusting relationships across the organization.
- Demonstrated proficiency for project/task prioritization and can work multiple projects in various stages of completion simultaneously.
- Strong influencer. Must work with internal and external resources that are not direct reports to accomplish required tasks.
- Ability to balance best vs. acceptable solutions and make recommendations based on an operationally optimized approach.
- Demonstrated understanding of the power plant working culture; ability to shape change management approach to account for unique cultural peculiarities.
- Ability to manage a wide range of complex stakeholder relationships and have confidence in challenging and building trust with senior sponsors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles and practices, industry standards, procedures, and trends.
- Ability to effectively communicate/collaborate with technology experts and subject matter experts.
- Ability to form and lead interdisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to team working environment.
- Ability to support programs and policies without personal bias.
- Ability to work across all levels of the NYPA organization, from executives to union craft workers.
Education, Experience and Certifications
5+ years’ experience managing large projects and/or working with training needs assessment/gap analysis tools and techniques in a technical environment.
Experience in the Power Industry preferred.