- Title: Nurse - Occupational Health
- Code: RCI-07931
- Location: North Chicago Illinois (IL) 60064
- Posted Date: 03/11/2020
- Duration: 6 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Sumit Rawat
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 232
Title: Occupational Health Nurse
- Under the direction of the Global Occupational Health Principal Specialist, this position will be accountable for furthering the strategic mission of work related injury/illness prevention and the improvement of employee health, well-being and productivity in a global company.
- Develop and/or update occupational health documents including procedures and technical guidance in response to changing business needs and emerging issues.
- Work collaboratively with Benefits and Wellness organization to support company global well-being strategy promoting the health of employees worldwide.
- Support ongoing strategies of the Global Health Scorecard to drive improvements in health, safety and well-being
- Injury/Illness case management in collaboration with EHS, Leave’s Management and 3rd party administrator.
- Support activities required for Federal Motor Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Corporate Citizenship activities such as Sustainability Index (DJSI)
TECHNICAL and LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- 8+ years of experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage projects at a high level
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work cross-functionally at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced organization
- Interpret and apply best practices and research based information to support medical surveillance, Total Worker Health and other global strategies.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical issues related to occupational health services
- Understanding public health issues affecting various worker populations including but not limited to communicable diseases.
- Strong computer skills including PowerPoint presentation development
- Bachelor of Science with a focus in occupational health services or public health- strongly preferred
- Registered nurse with a current unencumbered state license
- At least three years in an occupational health clinic setting
- In-depth knowledge of occupational health principals and practice
- Strong knowledge of safety principles and regulations
- Working knowledge in workers’ compensation case management
- Knowledge base in the areas of pharmacology, physiology, and pathophysiology in order to support the development of global medical surveillance procedures for employee populations worldwide that are exposed or potentially exposed to workplace hazards.
- Knowledge in health promotion, risk reduction and preventive strategies to keep workers health and productive.
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations and FMLA
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse Specialist (COHN-S)
- In-depth knowledge of OSHA regulations, workers’ compensation case management, FMLA, and medical accommodation principles
- Occupational health expertise working in both a national and international setting
- Occupational health experience working at a corporate level.
- Bilingual in Spanish