- Title: E-Commerce Taxonomist
- Code: RCI-9869184
- Location: Seattle Washington (WA) 98109
- Posted Date: 03/13/2020
- Duration: 10 Months
- Name:Shailesh Sargara
- Email: Shailesh.Sargara@rangam.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 219
We're looking for an e-commerce product taxonomist to work across Marketplace to help us improve commerce experiences for people and businesses all over the world.
You'll help us create a unified product taxonomy with detailed attributes that will help sellers create the most effective listings, help buyers find what they're looking for, and help everyone have the very best experience using Marketplace.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams.
- Create labels and other interface language that are consistent with voice, content standards, and that can scale appropriately for internationalization needs.
- Manage, maintain, and iterate on product attributes that power ranking models, structured content, faceted search, product comparisons, and more
- Develop, manage, maintain, and iterate on a unified taxonomy for all of the products that can be bought and sold on Marketplace
- Create and own the product taxonomy strategy for Marketplace
- Coordinate and build alignment with teams and stakeholders across family of apps and service to optimize for consistency and interoperability
- Build out categories and custom collections of products that power features like recommendations, similar items, merchandising themes, and more
- Make recommendations about ongoing taxonomy management as well as product strategies and features that rely on taxonomy
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and valuable product experiences for our billion-plus users.
- Partner with PMs, engineers, product designers, researchers, and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some).