- Title: Process Documentation Specialist/Technical Writer
- Code: RCI-9919096
- Location: Redmond Washington (WA) 98052
- Posted Date: 03/16/2020
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Shailesh Sargara
- Email: Shailesh.Sargara@rangam.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 219
The process documentation specialist/Technical Writer’s primary objectives will be to develop, write, and edit process documentation and SOPs to help users understand technical and process information more easily.
The role will require analysis of business processes, requirements and study of new applications to translate this information into the required documentation.
Position requires great attention to detail, with excellent oral, and written communication skills. The Technical Writer will help to define the documentation templates and the development of technical writing tools.
Individual will work in collaboration with various core team members and use professional concepts to complete a wide range of technical tasks related to product release.
• Work with internal teams (facilities, operations, EHS, lab management, etc.) to obtain an in-depth understanding of the needs of the groups to make good decisions, current processes and forms currently used and needs of a system to be used for future process.
• Work with SMEs to understand process flows and be able to convert them into formal procedural documents
• Write easy-to-understand user online help and user guides and suggest innovative approaches for documenting
• Ability to analyze, prepare technical documentation, and coordinate layout and organization.
• Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
• Explain concepts and processes simply and concisely to help internal and external users understand the needs, processes impacts.
• Work across various teams to generate effective materials for the required audience
• Assist in evaluation of existing software platforms to help determine if they can be utilized to automate the process that is being documented.
Proven working experience in technical writing of process documentation
• Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
• Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
• Excellent written skills in English
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite Products
• Mobile delivery and online documentation (i.e. searchable content) experience preferred
• Experience with Facilities, Environmental Health & Safety or Operations process documentation.