- Title: Lab Automation Technician
- Code: RCI-10032
- Location: Morrisville North Carolina (NC) 27560
- Posted Date: 03/23/2020
- Duration: 12 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Mittal Mandavia
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 245
- The Lab Automation Technician will perform repetitive, high throughput DNA testing lab that processes over 400K cotton and soybean samples annually.
- Will follow a pre-established process carefully while operating high throughput laboratory automation to complete DNA extractions from multiple crop species in a specified timeframe and consistent with internal quality standards.
- All work will be assigned by team supervisors and completed by the Lab Technician using a lab information system (LIMS).
- The Lab Automation Technician may assist senior analysts in downstream analysis processes including using fluorescence-based PCR for GM technology confirmation and zygosity determination.
- Prior experience and comfort working in a high throughput lab environment performing repetitive routine work is preferred.
- Knowledge or interest in lab automation, plant genetics, and lab information management systems is a plus.
- This position will report to the Crop Analytics lab manager and is located in RTP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology or Genetics plus two or more years relevant laboratory experience.
- Experience in a high throughput (?200K samples/year) testing lab generating routine analytical data.
- Ability to initiate and complete analytical testing according to applicable work instructions within a defined timeline and compliant with QMS guidelines.
- Knowledge and understanding of the technical aspects of DNA isolation and fluorescence-based PCR.
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with laboratory automation, liquid handling, and software systems such as LIMS.
- Proactive communication on progress of assigned projects
- Ability to interact positively and proactively with team members
- Previous experience with plants or agricultural crops preferred, but not required
- Computer skills including Windows 7, SharePoint and MS Office, especially Word and Excel.
- This is not a research position. This person will run an automated process that has already been established.