- Title: Lab Tech
- Code: RCI-08030
- Location: North Chicago Illinois (IL) 60064
- Posted Date: 03/26/2020
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Sumit Rawat
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 232
Most of the work will be independent in the lab, but collaboration is expected as well as presentations within larger groups.
Mentoring and training will be extensive in the beginning before independent work
Chemists and engineers would do very well in this role, especially with strong communication and technical interpretation skills
On-site role. Some flexibility available but 35 hrs. Onsite minimum per week.
- Manager is looking for someone with Lab, pH meters, and wet chemistry experience.
- Someone that has had a lab course, straight out of college with a Biochemistry, Chemical Engineer or Science degree.
- Conducts chemical and physical laboratory tests and makes qualitative analysis of materials, liquids, and gases.
- The candidate will be heavily involved in pharmaceutical R&D sample preparation under the supervision of a manager.
- Ideally, the candidate will be highly capable in experimental design, data collection and recording, data analysis, and report writing.
- The position will also require set up of laboratory equipment and instrumentation required for research or process control experimentation.
- Must have college level science courses and laboratory experience.
NOTES FROM THE MANAGER:
1) What hours and days will this person be working? 40 hrs./week, expected about 8 hrs./day in the office, but some flexibility is possible.
2) What are the top 5 skills/requirements this person is required have?
- Required Skill 1: use of Microsoft office (word, excel, PowerPoint). Communication is key for this position!
- Required Skill 2: pH meter use, including titration
- Required Skill 3: UV-Vis spectroscopy
- Required Skill 4: General wet bench chemistry techniques (mixing on stir plates, chemical calculations, measuring with graduated cylinders/volumetric flasks, use of balances)
- Required Skill 5: Measure density/viscosity using instruments (not by hand)
3) What years of experience, education, and/or certification is required? Minimally a Bachelor’s in a science, either Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or any sub-set of those.
4) What is a nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification? Work on independent research projects, including some sort of report out of the research (like a publication, report, poster, or presentation). Bachelors in science would be a benefit, as well as experience at another pharma/chemical company.
5) What is the environment that this person will be working in (i.e. group setting vs individual role)? Most of the work will be independent in the lab, but collaboration is expected as well as presentations within larger groups. Mentoring and training will be extensive in the beginning before independent work.
6) Is any testing required for this role? No
7) Does this position offer the ability to work remotely on a regular basis or is it an on-site role? If remote opportunity exists, what are the options (i.e. 1 day remote, 4 days on-site)? On-site role. Some flexibility available but 35 hrs. onsite minimum per week.
8) Other notable details about the environment from the hiring manager about this role. The position will have flexible duties, including implementing organization in a shared lab, as well as project related experiments. Organization and communication are key. The project-related experiments can change on a day to day basis, so flexibility is required as well.
9) What positions/background experience do you feel are successful in this role. Chemists and engineers would do very well in this role, especially with strong communication and technical interpretation skills.