- Title: Biologics Process Operator
- Code: RCI-30999-1
- Location: East Syracuse New York (NY) 13057
- Posted Date: 03/26/2020
- Duration: 7 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Pramod Rajput
- Email: Pramod.email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 217
- The primary role of the Bioprocess Associate I is working on assignments that train for proficiency in the operation of primary production equipment including adherence to detailed procedures and batch records ensuring compliance with cGMP and safety requirements.
- Work is performed in a team environment within a medium-scale cell culture facility with classified areas requiring appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Additional gowning through the processing areas and maintaining clean hygiene is a requirement to control established environmental specifications.
- Communicates status of operations to area management in a timely manner.
- Maintains area in a clean and orderly fashion to support the manufacturing schedule.
- Trains for proficiency in the operation of primary production equipment within the assigned functional area (i.e. bioreactors, chromatography skids, media or buffer preparation equipment etc.).
- Maintains files, records data, logs activities, and monitors processes.
- Recognizes and reports safety, maintenance and quality events to area management.
- Achieves and maintains proficiency through training.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills, is attentive and approachable with the ability to embrace a team based culture.
- Familiarity with general chemistry, mathematics, microbiology and cGMP operations is desirable.
- Prior job related experience required along with demonstrated mechanical aptitude and high level of attention to detail.
- Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, etc:
- Demonstrated proficiency in common computer tools such as word processing, spreadsheet and web based applications.
- Work/study experience where attention to detail, adherence to written instruction, and personal accountability were critical to success
- Demonstrated ability to communicate expectations and results to the operating staff and management as needed to maintain production timelines and organizational goals.
- Physical Demands: This position is located a edium scale manufacturing facility with classified areas requiring appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE). This role will require contact with hazardous materials such as caustic, acids and steam. Frequent bending, twisting, squatting, kneeling, climbing and reaching is required. Role also requires infrequent unassisted lifting (not to exceed 50 lbs). Repetitive use of arms/hand/wrists, grasping is also required. This position is a team based position that requires shift work, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- The successful candidate will have a high school diploma. Knowledge of science generally attained through studies resulting in a B.S. in science, engineering, biochemistry, or related discipline or its equivalent is desired but not required.
- Work Environment: The work environment involves activities in a medium scale manufacturing facility, lab space and office space. The environment includes limited exposure to noise ( > 85 dBA), hazardous chemicals and equipment temperature extremes.