- Title: Project Manager
- Code: RCI-2244
- Location: Cincinnati Ohio (OH) 45202
- Posted Date: 05/13/2020
- Duration: 9 Months
- Name:Nirav Soni
- Email: Nirav.email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 239
Introduction/Background: Company has transformed their computing/hosting platform service at remote locations (i.e. manufacturing plants, warehouses, distribution centers) globally and insourced the readiness preparation management. In order to enable a smooth installation of network, server and storage hardware as part of out service offer we are executing the site readiness as projects with the teams in remote locations. The efficient execution of this readiness is essential for a timely deployment of the service components and finally to ensure quality hosting of production critical applications at sites. Collaboration is required with internal and external partners.
PM ALICS 2.0 Service (Deployment)
We are looking for a Project Manager to lead the service deployment of companys computing/hosting platform for remote locations (~100 sites). The objective of the role is to coordinate and drive all the activities involved in executing the service deployment. The service deployment is based on refreshes of old equipment and installation for new demand and defined in waves. Each wave has budget defined, whereas scope and time are to be managed based on demand. Each wave is a multi-million-$ program split into several projects (up to 30 in parallel).
Project management and coordination of execution of all necessary components (people, process, technology) to ensure the timely execution of deployments. Oversight of all active projects so that a status summary of budget, time, achievements and issues can be provided to stakeholders and management functions on a weekly basis.
- Manage agreed project approach, responsibilities, schedule, budget, and govern end-to-end deliverables.
- Confirm scope and build detailed CPS for each pillar of work. Create and/or maintain project work plans with key milestones and dependencies.
- Define deliverables, develop and/or review estimates and estimating assumptions for the project’s schedule, effort, and cost.
- Measure and monitor activity progress against plan. Provide proper follow up with project team to get things done. Track milestones and budget.
- Review and manage all changes to the project through a formally defined scope change process.
- Conduct project-level issue and risk management. Evaluate risk and highlight dependencies. Proactively identify potential delays in delivery, budget overruns, or quality outages before they occur.
- Drive project issues to closure – working across the entire project organization (including 3rd parties) to get issues resolved, and leveraging help from company resources as needed
- Maintain resource plans and identifying resource gaps and surpluses, requesting reallocation where needed
- Monitor deliverable sign-offs and milestones
- Coordinate project documentation efforts. Create (or support the creation) and maintain project documentation.
- Assist in preparations for all senior management updates for all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, quality assurance plans, budget, schedule, and scope changes.
- Establish and maintain a project communication plan. Ensure regular status reviews and reporting,
- Responsible for the organization of team meetings with relevant stakeholders
- Manage project financials and maintain budgetary control
- Project Plans – Schedule, Scope
- Budget Plan
- Project Register (Assumptions, Risks, Issues)
- Deliverables Tracker
- Status Report (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)
- Progress to Plan
(list each element below)
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of experience in managing big, global projects on IT infrastructure (virtual computing, especially) transformation or deployment with financial responsibility
- Candidates with 3+ years of experience in leadership role in managing IT projects (not necessarily infrastructure)
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills in English language.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new business domains and technologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Must have prior experience of working in a leadership role and has managed at least 1 or 2 big projects.
- Has experience working across projects involving multiple process interfaces, multiple functions/sites, multiple regions.
- Experienced in productivity tools such as MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint etc.) and project management / collaboration tools such as Microsoft Project or Microsoft SharePoint
- Knowledge on IT infrastructure (virtual computing, especially)
- Bachelors B.E./ B.Tech / BCA; Computer Science specialization highly desirable
- Preferred: PMP
- Domain knowledge in IT infrastructure (compute, network, storage, virtualization, etc.
- Experience running projects that were global in nature (as project resources span at least Europe and North America), and interactions will be with resources spread across the glob
- Experience in manufacturing and consumer products industryProven track record in delivering successful projects
Work Location: Remote due to COVID-19; after this is lifted worker would have to report onsite.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Excellent Communication
- Strong problem Solving Skills.