- Title: Scientist, Computational Biology
- Code: RCI-9478
- Location: Cambridge Massachusetts (MA) 02142
- Posted Date: 05/29/2020
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Mittal Mandavia
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 245
The Client seeks a talented and enthusiastic data scientist to build scientific data products that will be used in the Research and Early Development organization to transform how we make and share decisions on data as we strive for patient benefit.
This role will work closely with computational and wet lab scientists to integrate relevant data and build dashboards that will enable drug discovery teams in their work. It will also involve understanding and identifying cases where data generated across the drug discovery process can be made more useful to help teams answer key questions on drug discovery projects.
Example Roles and responsibilities
- Create data visualizations for biologists and chemists to understand and make decisions on experimental data
- Gather user requirements for new tools to capture and share research results
- Enable scientists to make their data FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable Re-usable)
- Identify relevant scientific data and integrate it into a knowledge graph.
- Help grow the client R community
Experience and Education:
- Master’s degree or PhD in a relevant discipline with ideally 3 or more years industry experience
- Expertise with R, preferably in a production environment with significant experience Shiny development.
- Experience building data products in the scientific domain, including life cycle management and improving user experience based on feedback
- Excellent project management and communication skills