- Title: Sourcing Excellence Analyst
- Code: RCI-32076/32078
- Location: Princeton New Jersey (NJ) 08543
- Posted Date: 06/24/2020
- Duration: 6 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Vishal Trivedi
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 435
- Schedule and manage meetings, and participate in weekly core team meetings
- Coordinate activities with the team
- Optimize processes for data intake, validation, cleaning as well as modeling, visualization and communication deliverables
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, visualizations/dashboards and performance metrics that support our sourcing process
- This role will work with the SE Analytics team on projects that drive the integration of data analytics into sourcing process.
- This role will include the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to continually refine and enhance existing analytics and identify potential new opportunities to further drive SE/GP’s effectiveness and efficiency through the use of technology
- Includes assisting with identification of appropriate data sources for the analytical objectives, acquiring and storing the data for the project, programming the appropriate statistical analyses using company’s standard tools, delivering results to customers in appropriate formats and media, and assisting with follow-up questions
- Use Analytics to drive ideas in Supply Chain operations, Commercialization and R&D business to identify and recommend new innovations
- Make sound sourcing decisions based on a balance of data, analysis and experience (supplier selection, pricing, negotiation levelers, etc.)
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support our sourcing process.
- Ensure accuracy of data and deliverables
- Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, cleaning, mining and engineering as well as modeling, visualization and communication deliverables.
- Leverage internal tools to formulate insights to drive productivity and CI.
- Examine, interpret and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, formulas etc.), SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Knowledge and proficiency with SAP, Ariba and other management and financial experience
- Experience with data visualization tools: Tableau, Spotfire, etc.
- Experience with data cleansing tools: Tableau Prep, Alteryx, etc.
- Organization — Ability to manage multiple priorities and resources in a dynamic environment across various departments, and organize complex information.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Critical Thinking — Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Must possess initiative with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attitude & Teamwork– Projects confidence tempered with humility.
- Must be a team player willing both to steer the team towards success and to fully support the team when others are steering.
- Problem Sensitivity —Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. Recognizes there is a problem and escalates or informs the resources who can address the problem.
- Analyzing Data, Drawing Conclusions and Making Decisions/recommendations — Analyzes information and evaluates results to draw conclusions, make data driven decisions and develop actionable recommendations for business units
- Communication – Shares and collects information, exchanges ideas and openly explores perspectives, and adjusts style and content to each person, audience and circumstance
Competencies (Nice to Have):
- Knowledge of statistical modeling techniques: GLM multiple regression, logistic regression, log-linear regression, variable selection, etc.
- Strong programming skills with querying languages: SQL, SAS, etc.
- Experience with big data tools: Teradata, Aster, Hadoop, etc.
- C, C++, JAVA or other programming languages
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (Science or Engineering desirable).
- At least 5 years of work experience in a position monitoring, manipulating and drawing insights from data, and at least 3 years Sourcing/Procurement experience