- Title: Associate Scientist
- Code: RCI-08794
- Location: North Chicago Illinois (IL) 60064
- Posted Date: 06/25/2020
- Duration: 3 Months
- Name:Sumit Rawat
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 232
Per hiring manager this is a 3 month assignment to start with possibility of extending, must have flexibility to work any shift and able to interview starting next week, come in onsite for interview and start within 3 weeks.
- The CLIA Certified High-Complexity Laboratory is seeking a scientist to conduct routine clinical laboratory diagnostic RT-PCR testing leveraging laboratory automation.
- The scientist will partner with senior staff to run the SARS-CoV-2 assay for clinical specimens including data analysis.
- Candidate should be able to generate precise, reliable and reproducible data in a timely manner, demonstrate good data interpretation skills, and be able to note issues/deviations and troubleshoot appropriately.
- Perform routine testing of clinical specimens on the Abbott m2000 to generate high quality data.
- Operate laboratory equipment and effectively troubleshoot when issues arise.
- Collaborate with team members on all work aspects from data entry, solution preparation, sample extraction, master mix addition, amplification, data interpretation, and documentation
- Master's or bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical lab science or medical technology
- 1-2 years of Clinical Laboratory Diagnostic Testing preferred, specifically clinical sample analysis using RT-PCR
- Experience with reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) sample processing and data analysis
- General lab skills: lab safety, solution preparations, use of pipettes and other instruments
- Knowledge of biological sample extraction techniques and instrumentation, and the ability to follow established protocols without deviation
- Well versed in Good Clinical Practices, sample chain of custody, and other regulatory requirements
- Good Documentation Skills (ALCOA)
- Work with Laboratory Information Management Systems.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with team members to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated
- A go-getter, raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.