- Title: Scientist
- Code: RCI-83165
- Location: North Chicago Illinois (IL) 60064
- Posted Date: 06/25/2020
- Duration: 6 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Sumit Rawat
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 232
Molecular Enzymologist – Protein Engineering
- Primary function of this position will be molecular enzymology.
- This is a non-managerial position in a technical area requiring hands-on work in a life sciences laboratory setting.
- Candidate will work as a team member in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with tangible goals.
- Ph.D. with 3 years post-doctoral experience and formal training in one of the following main fields of study; Biochemistry, Structural Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Pharmacology, or Molecular Biology.
- Lesser educational levels will be evaluated based on background and experiences.
Primary Job Function:
- Candidate will be responsible for the design and execution of scientific and technical studies in the area of molecular enzymology, including literature review, bioinformatics, recombinant protein expression, protein purification, protein characterization and enzyme activity measurement.
- Candidate will be responsible for the use and maintenance of laboratory equipment and will be responsible for the collection, recording, and interpretation of data.
- Candidate must have experience and demonstrated expertise at recombinant protein cloning, expression, purification, and characterization in multiple vector-host systems.
- Candidate should have experience in design and execution of assays of biological/catalytic function.
- Knowledge of high throughput microplate readers, automated liquid handling, and statistical data analysis systems is a plus.