- Title: Biology Technician
- Code: RCI-10293
- Location: Acampo California (CA) 95220
- Posted Date: 06/26/2020
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Mittal Mandavia
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 245
Within melon breeding team, assist the breeder to plan, monitor and provide input relating to the operational breeding process to ensure the long-term profitability and success of the breeding program.
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in biology, botany, crop science, horticulture, or related field.
- Additional plant breeding courses a plus
- Background or experience in biology, botany, crop science, horticulture or related field.
- Working in hot, cold, wet, humid and dusty conditions, in greenhouse and field
- Working knowledge of horticultural practices and procedures
- Basic knowledge of plant sciences and genetics
- Understanding of agricultural practices
General Computer Skills:
- Organized and competent with file and data management
- Competent using Microsoft Office software
- Working knowledge of information system, data management systems, databases, and spreadsheets
Language and Other skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication in English
- Spanish speaking is a plus
- California Valid Driver’s license required
- Valid CADPR PAC (Private Applicators Certificate) preferred, or willingness to attain certification
- Analytical, accurate, detail and quality oriented
- Innovative, organized, and efficient
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Ability to work independently and be flexible to quickly changing activities
- Pro-active in identifying problems or opportunities associated with assigned tasks.
- Availability for weekend work hour and overtime as needed, often on very short notice.
- Must be able to work around bees and other insects.
- Ability to bend, pull, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to instruct and supervise seasonal workers.