- Title: Gas Chromatography and Technical Analyst
- Code: RCI-10301
- Location: Iselin New Jersey (NJ) 08830
- Posted Date: 06/30/2020
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Mittal Mandavia
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 245
The candidate must be adept at Gas Chromatography (GC) and with Agilent Open lab software. In particular, Agilent 6890’s and 7890’s GCs that run Piona prefrac, SCD, DHA, and Simulated Distillation applications. Day to day activities involve analyzing GC results, maintaining instrumentation and troubleshooting all aspects of the instrument/software interface. The candidate must possess a mechanical aptitude with the ability to work with delicate instrumentation. An understanding of lab network connectivity is a plus. The position requires “on call” responsibilities that entail occasional on-site weekend repair work as well as occasional remote data viewing and analysis using a company provided laptop.
QUALIFICATIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- BS degree in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry with 2+ years of relevant GC experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Knowledge of chromatographic analysis methods (e.g. Piona, SCD, DHA, Sim-Dis)
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines
- Provides routine testing and method development for in-house analysis
- High degree of troubleshooting skills regarding laboratory instruments and software
- Strict adherence to company lab safety guidelines and the ability to read and comprehend Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Aptitude for high precision work
- Ability to perform the essential functions of a GC analyst while working with others in a team environment to meet the needs of a high turnaround lab that interacts with multiple departments within the organization.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex instructions such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent documentation skills, ability to work independently to complete projects, as well as work with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of Horiba Carbon Analyzer or Leco Carbon Analyzer a plus