- Title: IT Project Manager
- Code: RCI-231
- Location: White Plains New York (NY) 10601
- Posted Date: 07/01/2020
- Duration: 12 Months
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 412
The IT Project Manager role will support and manage the execution of one or more NYPA capital projects that require Information Technology services. Responsibilities will include governance and reporting and providing information for effective management decision-making. Both waterfall and agile project delivery approaches may be used.
• Act as the bridge between the business and IT. Define and manage the IT workstream and documents of projects (schedule, tasks, cost, changes/risks/issues) via IT PMO processes, procedures and tools for assigned projects. As needed, manage all project workstreams.
• Monitor the project schedule, budget, and deliverables. Track progress and review project tasks to make certain deadlines are met appropriately.
• Recognize problems or situations that are or may impact the project delivery. Facilitate the evaluation of alternatives and find solutions using a systematic, multi-step approach. Work cross-functionally to resolve issues, mitigate risks and implement changes. Analyze decisions and actions for their support of the project’s strategic direction. Work with senior management to escalate and resolve more complex issues and risks.
• Manage the project with realistic resource plans for all phases of the project including the handover to production support.
• Assess impact of technology requirements and constraints on project scope.
• Utilize IT project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, hybrid) to drive technical solution delivery.
• Employ IT solution delivery processes, procedures, and toolsets (DevOps, configuration management, change management) to deliver stable, hardened, and scalable solutions.
• Manage IT project financials - project budget and forecast for IT external resources, hardware, software, labor.
• Ensure the solution and the team follow IT ITIL/ ITSM standards, Enterprise Architecture, Cyber Security standards/policies, and other NYPA technical standards.
• Fulfill requirements for the IT PMO and IT Governance process including PPM Pro entries, project documentation standards, project reviews, gate promotions as defined in the IT PMO Playbook.
• Work collaboratively with program teams, project teams, various IT teams, and related business unit staff to maintain thorough knowledge of the project objectives.
• Promote and maintain communication between project team members and stakeholders and manage expectations. Prepare correspondence, presentations and/or reports as required. Follow-up on correspondence and outstanding requests for resolution.
• Understand the software development process and experienced in IT project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, hybrid) and IT solution delivery processes, procedures, and toolsets (DevOps, configuration management).
• Strong and tested project management skills including: Customer relationship management, Sponsor expectation management, Risk management, Change Management, Vendor Management.
• Understand data governance, management & quality.
• Organized, good communicator, deadline driven, team builder, leader, planner, problem solver, and agile.
• Ability to promote and maintain a positive and inclusive work environment with project team members, co-workers, management and vendors by behaving, collaborating, and communicating in a manner consistent with professional standards.
• Superior interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, and negotiating skills, to ensure open communication across project teams. Ability to handle broad-based, often complex, communication for internal and/or external audiences. Ability to diffuse emotionally charged situations and use them to constructively build greater shared commitment to end goals.
• Outstanding record of project management success, both in results achieved and in use of professional methodology.
Education & Certifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business discipline. An advanced degree is preferred.
• Project Management Certification is preferred.
• Minimum 5-10 years of increasingly responsible experience, including experience successfully managing various projects.