- Title: Scientist (Histology)
- Code: RCI-08923 / 08913
- Location: North Chicago Illinois (IL) 60064
- Posted Date: 07/08/2020
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Sumit Rawat
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 232
This is for 2 positions, it will be a mix of onsite offsite until Covid restrictions are lifted.
Client Oncology is currently offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated histology associate to join our Translational Oncology –Pathology team focused on developing new therapies and translational IHC biomarkers for cancer treatment As an integral member of the multi-disciplinary Translational Oncology team, the individual will interface with internal and external biology, genomics/proteomics, in vivo and toxicology teams to investigate, identify, develop tissue-based biomarker assays including immunohistochemistry (IHC) and in-situ hybridization (ISH) biomarker assay development to support the Oncology pipeline.
Act as a lead scientist in his/her area of expertise and critically evaluate relevant scientific advances and integrate this knowledge into research or development programs to deliver novel clinical candidates.
- Perform basic tissue grossing, processing, embedding (paraffin and OCT).
- Perform routine histology, histology stains, and immunohistochemistry as well as follow established protocols.
- Perform antibody optimizations for assay development
- Generate tissue microarrays for target screening efforts
- Maintain documentation for histology studies
- Manage multiple tissue libraries and databases
- Lead IHC assay development for chromogenic and/or multiplex fluorescence platforms
- Explore and develop new technologies as needed, e.g. multiplex IHC, image analysis
- Support target screening to identify biomarkers and indications for clinical development for multiple programs with internal and external collaborators, through lab-based activities.
- Integrate complex data sets including DNA, RNA, protein evaluations (various platforms such as microarray, ISH, IHC etc) from preclinical models, procured tissue and patient samples from exploratory clinical trials to support target validation and biomarker development efforts.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug, GxP compliance and animal care where applicable.
- BS degree in biology with 1-3 years histology experience or an Associate degree with 3-6 years histology experience.
- Proficiency in paraffin and cryo sectioning.
- Experience with multiple immunostainer platforms
- Industry experience is valued.
- Organizational, record-keeping, and strong computer skills are essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work in a team-oriented environment.
- ASCP-HT certification preferred
- Experience in digital imaging system (slide scanning and image analysis) preferred.
- Experience in generation of tissue microarrays and/or in situ hybridization is a plus.