- Title: Utility Project Manager
- Code: RCI-35511-1
- Location: Oakbrook Terrace Illinois (IL) 60181
- Posted Date: 07/30/2020
- Duration: 24 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Namy Bhatt
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 207
- At a minimum 3 years, but preferred 5-7 years project management experience within the Electric Industry, Construction Management or Heavy Commercial Construction Industry. Electric Distribution Management experience is preferred.
- Looking for experience at well-known companies.
- Education: at a minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a well-known university.
- A great deal of long-term responsibility will be assigned, so looking for someone who can commit to a 2 year assignment.
- Prefer someone eager and upwardly mobile with something to gain/prove. Must have a leadership presence.
- Project Management position will manage multiple construction projects from conceptual stage through completion and closeout on the distribution system ($250K up to $10 mil in budgets is typical).
- The distribution system projects may include new, rebuild and reconductor both Overhead and Underground Distribution Lines and associated equipment.
- A few distribution projects may include scope within the substation projects primarily involve Interconnection to the Substation
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects as assigned and within the parameters of cost, quality, schedule and objectives.
- Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project.
- Prepares reports for upper management regarding the status of projects. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Provides leadership for project team members and the Project Management process. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others.
- PMP Certification is helpful. Need PMs who have demonstrated experience with projects with true project management (scope, schedule, budget responsibility).
- Prefer electrical (specifically distribution and/or T&S) project experience, but will consider those with other types of construction projects…commercial, roads, factories. Needs to demonstrate leadership and having had significant responsibility. i.e large budgets, executive interface. Please be sure that resumes submitted highlight the projects and budget amounts the candidate has experience with
1) MUST have Project Management Experience in Electric Industry, Construction Management, and/or Heavy Construction industry
2) It is strongly preferred that the candidates have some Technical Utility experience