- Title: Assistant/Associate Scientist
- Code: RCI-32419-1
- Location: East Syracuse New York (NY) 13057
- Posted Date: 07/31/2020
- Duration: 6 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Vishal Trivedi
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 435
- The role of the Assistant Scientist is to conduct experiments for the purposes of providing robust and timely technical support for commercial upstream biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes consisting of cell culture (shake flask, wave, single use, and scale down bioreactors).
- Responsible for the daily calibration and maintenance of the laboratory equipment.
- Responsible for media preparation, bioreactor set up/tear down, sampling, and documentation of bioreactor experiments.
- Experience in problem solving ability and ability to apply risk-based critical thinking in technical environment.
- Ability to collaborate across technical teams and good interpersonal skills.
- Technical communication skills in a written and presentation format are essential.
- Ability to prioritize, independently manage and complete deliverables within given timelines.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail with high quality output.
- Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemical or Chemical Engineering, or equivalent area of related industry experience in biologics upstream manufacturing or manufacturing technology: Minimum of a B.Sc/B.Eng with degree with no experience (0 years).
- General scientific knowledge and laboratory skills.
- Knowledge of cell culture (shake flask, wave, single use, and scale down bioreactors).