- Title: Associate Scientist, Enzyme Analysis
- Code: RCI-10454
- Location: La Jolla California (CA) 92121
- Posted Date: 08/07/2020
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Mittal Mandavia
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 245
Associate Scientist, Enzymology Group – San Diego, CA
The Associate Scientist will support industrial enzyme development projects while working in a multidisciplinary and fast paced environment, both independently and in a team setting. Will work efficiently to provide results in a set timeframe. Critical thinking and data analysis skills are central to all aspects of this position. Will utilize experience with high throughput assay development, data analysis, and bioinformatics analysis of proteins and genes.
Must have the following:
- Hands on experience with biochemical and biophysical characterization techniques
- Activity and inhibition kinetics analysis
- Protein quantitation
- Western blot,
- Thermodynamics of folding/unfolding
- Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology combined with related laboratory experience (preferably in an industrial environment),
- Solid expertise with purification and chemical characterization of enzymes, in order to participate in Biochemical method development using enzyme expression, enzyme activity screening and assay development.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (written and verbal), as you will be a valued asset in communicating across project teams to ensure clear expectations pertaining to specific timeline in which results will be delivered to stakeholders.
- A detailed scientific approach in order to successfully multi-task, achieve targets and integrate new ideas within existing assays and processes per tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to work within teams and independently with minimal supervision, to hypothesize, design experiments, and draw conclusions.