- Title: Physical Security Specialist
- Code: RCI-234
- Location: White Plains New York (NY) 10601
- Posted Date: 08/11/2020
- Duration: 12 Months
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 412
Conduct and coordinate the creation of access control badges for employees, contractors and tenants.
The incumbent must become familiar with the access control badge process.
- Perform confidential security related investigations; contractor personal risk assessments (PRA)
- Conduct and coordinate the creation of access control badges for employees, contractors and tenants.
- Serve as a backup resource for conducting and coordinating the creation of access control badges for employees, contractors, and tenants. The incumbent must become familiar with the access control badge process.
- Conduct records management, badge status tracking and maintenance per Access Authorization requirements.
- Verify compliance /assist with program design regarding relevant State and Federal Regulations and Laws.
- Interact with, provide guidance to, and support security staffs at NYPA’s operating locations.
- Perform data entries of custom systems (ACS-CCure), SAP, DMV, desktop software (Microsoft Office Suite), of moderate complexity.
- Serve as the resource for coordinating background checks provided by a 3rd party vendor retained by NYPA.
- Contact applicants as required to obtain required details of employments, criminal history, credit check results, etc., to facilitate background investigations.
- Serve as the primary resource for coordinating the authorization and maintenance of Remote System access. (Access Information Management System).
- Conduct and coordinate the creation of access control badges for employees, contractors, and tenants.
- Provide support in the management of the NYPA Security Guard Act School program by interfacing with the DOS, and DCJS in the licensing and training requirements of NYPA Security Force Members.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent employee development skills, technical knowledge and decision-making for security access authorization-related matters.
- Effective report, memo, and procedure writing and spreadsheet analysis skills.
- Ability to operate and maintain overall security access control system, and familiarity with the technical aspects of security systems including the ability to retrieve historical data from alarm, and computer systems. Ability to oversee any program changes related to the maintenance of the systems.
- 5 years experience with industrial physical security experience having personally worked directly with regulatory compliance issues., preferred.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Security/Criminal Justice or a related field, preferred;