- Title: Continuous Improvement Specialist II
- Code: RCI-19367-1
- Location: Kalamazoo Michigan (MI) 49001
- Posted Date: 08/11/2020
- Duration: 12 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Mittal Mandavia
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 245
- Provides technical expertise and operational support for COVID-19 Vaccine Production (Formulation). Partners with shop floor colleagues and supervision to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of the vaccine.
- Lead standard work and continuous improvement initiatives across one, or multiple, work areas.
- Identify and help implement efficiency and effectiveness improvements and other projects that increase equipment capability, capacity and/or throughput
- Partner with shop floor colleagues, leadership and enablers to ensure continuous improvement initiatives are identified and completed in a timely manner. Coach and develop OpEx skills of fellow colleagues, and drive a culture of continuous improvement with their team.
- Analyze data from throughout different stages of production to determine control over applicable variables. Create visual outputs to facilitate continuous improvement discussions with the production team.
- Own/facilitate the continuous improvement process by understanding the business, quality and safety drivers of the area and ensuring that the right projects are being escalated at the right time.
- Analyze the output of standard work initiatives and propose changes to standard work based on the data. Propose and facilitate continuous improvement of standard work.
- Assist/perform root-cause analysis and help to identify appropriate, effective corrective actions.
- Lead Operational Excellence initiatives (i.e. Kanban, M1 investigations, GB certification, etc.).
- Position will work closely with Engineering, shop floor operators, production support enablers, Quality Operations, Environmental Health and Safety, and Maintenance.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Specific knowledge of and experience with Drug Product and/or Chemical manufacturing/Biological processing and equipment is highly desirable.
- Pharmaceutical or manufacturing experience and strong, demonstrated technical skills exhibited in a cGMP environment are requirements. Specific knowledge of and experience with Drug Product processing and equipment is highly desirable.
- Black Belt, Green Belt or Yellow Belt experience/certification is highly desirable
- Aseptic gowning training is required (to be provided by site).
- Job may also require occasional weekend/evening work supporting a 24-hour/7-day operation.