- Title: Nurse Practitioner
- Code: RCI-19423-1
- Location: McPherson Kansas (KS) 67460
- Posted Date: 08/25/2020
- Duration: 5 Months
- Name:Mittal Mandavia
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 245
** Urgent - Nurse Practitioner **
Global Occupational Health & Wellness Role Profile
- Hours/week: occasionally may be more to cover vacations / illness etc.
- Works Hours/Days/Schedule: flexible – M-F anytime from 6am-5pm
Position Title: Occupational Health & Wellness Advanced Practice Provider (APP) – Nurse Practitioner (NP)
The OHW APP is a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (NP) that will provide clinical and occupational health and wellness services to colleagues within their regulated scope of practice.
- Reports to the Occupational Health & Wellness site lead
- Works with the site safety team
- Interacts with site human resources
- Interacts with site business groups
- Masters Degree in Nursing with NP Board Certification
- COHN-S preferred
- Suggest a minimum of 5 years experience in occupational medicine
- Demonstrates experience in acute episodic care, wellness care and counseling of adults
- Proficient in the use of electronic medical record keeping systems desirable
- Medical surveillance physical exams, OSHA recordkeeping, facility operations and patient care activities such as triage, counseling, patient education, sick or emergency visits, first aid, and other activities as needed.
- Provides preventive medicine and wellness services/counseling; supports site health promotion and disease prevention programs.
- Develops and updates clinical and operational procedures and protocols in collaboration with site occupational health & wellness (OHW) nurse.
- Participates in Workers’ Compensations return to work case management functions.
- Documents patient data in paper and electronic medical database(s), as applicable per standard protocols.
- Participates on committees/sub-teams as available.
Technical Competency Description:
OHW Technical Competency #1: Knowledge of OHW Regulations
As applied to (in US/PR):
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Worker’s Compensation
- OSHA , may include recordkeeping
- Americans with Disability Act (ADA), in United States
- Family Medical Leave Act
- Federal, state, or local public health regulations
- Client Human Resources policies and procedures
OHW Technical Competency #2: Risk Avoidance/Minimization/Control
As applied to:
- Diagnosis and treatment of occupational injuries and illnesses
- Preventive care
- Medical screening and surveillance
- Universal precautions
- Wellness programs
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Clinical procedures
- Fitness for Duty assessments
- Emergency response triage
- Medical monitoring of emergency responders
- New Colleague Orientation
- Training on appropriate (e.g., site-specific) OHW procedures, practices, policies, concepts.
OHW Technical Competency #3: Compliance Assessment & Auditing
As applied to:
- Occupational health program auditing
- Medical documentation