- Title: Managed Care Coordinator
- Code: RCI-7799-1
- Location: Mount Laurel New Jersey (NJ) 08054
- Posted Date: 09/02/2020
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Steve Macwan
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖
This position supports the Health Services and Utilization Management functions and acts as a liaison between Members, Physicians, Delegates, Operational Business members and Member Service Coordinators.
- Performs review of service requests for completeness of information, collection and transfer of non-clinical data, and acquisition of structured clinical data from physicians/patients.
- Handles initial screening for pre-certification requests from physicians/members via incoming calls or correspondence based on scripts and workflows, and under the oversight of clinical staff.
- Prepare, document and route cases in appropriate system for clinical review.
- Initiates call backs and correspondence to members and providers to coordinate and clarify benefits.
- Upon completion of inquiries initiate call back or correspondence to Physicians/Members to coordinate/clarify case completion.
- Reviewing professional medical/claim policy related issues or claims in pending status.
- Upon collection of clinical and non-clinical information MCC can authorize services based upon scripts or algorithms used for pre-review screening.
- *Non Clinical staff members are not responsible for conducting any UM review activities that require interpretation of clinical information.
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned by Management.
- Personal and professional attributes that are critical to successful performance for Individual Contributors: Customer Focus Accountable Learn Communicate
- High School Diploma required. Some College preferred.
- Prefer 1-2 years customer service or medical support related position.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, enrollment, billing & claims coding/processing, and Managed Care principles
- Ability to use a personal computer and applicable software and systems